Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Toolkit Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What to expect in the next release

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What to expect in the next release
    Posted: 03 May 2012 at 4:38pm
We would like to ask what to expect in the next major release of XTToolkit Pro.

As a professional software vendor, we need to know what to expect and when,
to be able to plan with our releases.

We would like to see things like:
  • Office 2012 Ribbon
  • Visual Studio 11 style commandbars, tabs etc.
  • Metro UI, something like: http://www.devcomponents.com/dotnetbar/screenshots.aspx
  • Animated and Gestured Windows
  • Markup Enhancements, more controls, keyboard navigation etc.
  • Scientific graphs, like vector plot, contour map etc.
  • More Flowgraph features, like flow chart style

If this information is too sensitive please respond as a private message.

-cpede
Product: Xtreme ToolkitPro (20.3.0)
Platform: Windows 10 (x64)
Language: Visual Studio 2017 (C++)
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 5:08pm
Hello,

We are working on all the the things you mention in your post, currently concentrating on enhancing Flow Graph control and Grid.  We want to wait until Microsoft has solidified their themes for Metro and Visual Studio 11 before we invest too much time into them, however it is on our list and we will most definitely be adding them in the future.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have a particular need or request and I will be more than happy to help.

Cheers,
Kirk Stowell, President and CEO
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS<
evoX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evoX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2012 at 5:40pm
Hi,
   In case you will add metro theme support, please add a feature to be able to make round corners (apple style) on the metro panels, because they look very ugly with sharp corners.
Product: Xtreme ToolkitPro 19.30
Platform: Windows 10 64bit
Language: Visual C++ (VS 2019)
markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2012 at 1:34pm
Kirk, 

I would love to see additional investment in XTP Markup support, which is just incredibly useful (and, I believe, under-marketed by your company).
rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2012 at 12:35pm
I would like to have a way to use my own tab and group subclasses in the ribbon bar. We can currently define the class for the ribbon bar (which we do) so it is used by the frame object but I also need to have the system use my tab and group classes as I need to store more information with those classes (the dword I have available is not sufficient).

Exercise for CJ developer - Derive a class from CXTPRibbonTab and derive a class from CXTPRibbonGroup. Then try to use those classes in the CXTPRibbonBar.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic