Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Suite Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

v10 Date Time Picker

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geraint P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: v10 Date Time Picker
    Posted: 14 March 2005 at 6:34am

Just a quick question about the new date time picker scheduled for the v10 release.

I've been searching for a replacement for the current DTPicker control that would implement XP styles (obviously because the standard DTPicker doesn't!). Naturally after spending some time searching through various sites, it's only then I notice that you guys are implementing something along those lines in v10. Will this be able to directly mimic the current DTPicker control? i.e. a simple drop-down that displays a single-month calendar control when clicked? From the current description (in the coming soon section) I couldn't tell whether your control can work that way or not.

Thanks.

younicke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote younicke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2005 at 10:11pm

try searching the visual coders datetime picker... it supports visual styles and one good thing... compared to using windows common control 3 by adding it to ur project... the visual coders datetime picker is considerably small in size...

try it.. ive been using it.. to replace the standard datetime picker...

another thing... it is the exact implementation of the standard datetime picker

Devin Dazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devin Dazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2005 at 3:35am

Glad you like my DateTimePicker younicke :) I actually have a new one in the making which supports more of the new XP functionality.

You will find the control at www.vbcodemagician.dk . It's absolutely free andthe source code is included.

___
Best Regards
Kim Pedersen, www.vbcodemagician.dk

Geraint P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geraint P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2005 at 3:55am

Thanks guys. That's exactly what I was looking for.

Geraint P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geraint P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2005 at 9:44am

Incidentally. Not really the place to ask, but any idea why there appears to be a 2 pixel border around the drop-down glyph, whereas normal combos have a single pixel? Not a biggie, just looks a little strange.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devin Dazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2005 at 7:16pm
I am not exactly sure what you mean. Could you post a screenshot?
Best Regards
Kim Pedersen, vbCode Magician
http://www.vbcodemagician.dk
Geraint P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geraint P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2005 at 6:49am

See the image below. As I said, it's not a big problem, but the drop-down glyph on the date time picker has a slightly larger white border around it than a standard combo or image combo, which just means it can look a little strange sometimes. As you can see below, the glyph is aligned slightly to the left on the DTPicker, because of this border.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devin Dazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2005 at 8:09am

That is an "error" in the DTP control itself, not in my implementation of it. There is an easy solution though. If you download the source code for my DTP, and in the UpdatePosition Sub alter the code so that it is:

Call MoveWindow(dtp_hWnd, -15, -15, ScaleWidth+30, ScaleHeight+30, True)

.. the dropdown button will be aligned properly with a single pixel space around it. You will however need to make a test it XP Themes are in use (and supported). Otherwise the DTP will look a little strange on older Windows versions.

Best Regards
Geraint P View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geraint P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2005 at 10:43am

I can well believe it's an error in the windows control itself. Wouldn't be the first time.

Wouldn't your fix lose the outside edge of the control? Since it looks like you're expanding the dtpicker size so that it's larger than the usercontrol size, that would mean the outside edge would be clipped wouldn't it (even though the rest of it is the right size)?

Not that I'm really complaining of course.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devin Dazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2005 at 1:45pm
Yes it would. But you could give the UserControl itself a border instead, and this way it would look like the real deal. It's not pretty but it will work.
Best Regards
younicke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote younicke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2005 at 1:23am

@devin

yeah i like it very much... and thanks very much! more power...

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2005 at 11:47am
Hello all,

Xtreme Calendar Control v9.70 Release Candidate 1 (Calendar and DatePicker Controls) is now available via download at http://beta.codejock.com/.

Only customers who have a registered license for Xtreme Suite or Xtreme Toolkit Pro are eligible for participation.

If you are interested in becomming a beta tester for Codejock products please register [link] online with our beta site.

Enjoy

Edited by SuperMario
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic