Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - [Solved?] License problem when threading out GUI
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[Solved?] License problem when threading out GUI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarleyHammond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Solved?] License problem when threading out GUI
    Posted: 08 December 2011 at 10:31am
Upon testing my first installation package, I ran into a problem. The embedded license behaves differently than the developer one. This is in C#.

My GUI is in another thread. In my form's constructor, when I instantiate a "new  XtremeDockingPane.DockingPaneGlobalSettingsClass" or set the DockingPaneGlobalSettingsClass object's .License property, those operations just lock up until the application's "Main" thread thread hits a Thread.Join.

Has anyone found a work-around for this? I need the GUI in another thread, and I don't want to lock out the main thread!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Added later that day: 
OK, so I took out the embedded license setting code which was stopping me and installed the DockingPane development kit on our install test machine. I worked through another issue, then re-imaged the hard drive (blowing away all contents)...and my install still worked. With no DockingPane development kit and no embedded license.

As best I can figure, this is what fixed it:
1. Adding a reference to stdole.dll in my main project's references with "Copy Local" set to true.
2. Adding stdole.dll from "C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\Primary Interop Assemblies" to the install package (as an assembly), to be installed into the application directory.

I have no idea what that had to do with anything, but my stuff works, so I am not complaining.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic