Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Custom Icons and Properties in Powerbuilder

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Custom Icons and Properties in Powerbuilder
    Posted: 18 October 2011 at 5:26am
Hi All,

I am new to the CodeJock Calendar ActiveX control, but already think it will be a powerful and useful addition to my application.  I am using Sybase Powerbuilder so it is taking me a bit of time to decipher some of the other threads and the help for things I need to do. The Powerbuilder sample was a great starting point.

Currently I have my calendar displaying events in month view.

I have two initial issues:

1. How can I add and display custom icons for different events? For example my calendar is displaying any interaction a staff member has with a client. If there is a phone call, I want to display an event with a custom telephone icon. Is this possible?
  2. I also need the correct Powerbuilder syntax for adding Custom Properties to the event. I have tried:

iOleEvent.CustomProperties.Property.ID = udw_dashboard_snapshot.GetItemNumber(counter,'c_key')

and

iOleEvent.CustomProperties.Property("ID") = udw_dashboard_snapshot.GetItemNumber(counter,'c_key')

Neither syntax works. The first syntax compiles but falls over at runtime, the second reports an error in the compiler.
I hope someone can help.

Thanks

mickh
mickh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2011 at 7:42am
Hi All

I have managed to work out a solution for Question 2 above, but calling on all Powerbuilder Developers for help with the 1st Question.

Thanks

Michael
dindo.lales View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dindo.lales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2011 at 10:33pm
Hi Michael,

How were you able to solve your question 2? I'm planning to add custom properties in my calendar as well.
Regarding your 1st question, I'm still finding ways to have it implemented. I'm studying the CalendarEvent.CustomIcons property and the ImageManagerIcon object. I'll inform you once I have a solution.

Thanks
Product: Xtreme Calendar (ActiveX) version 13.4.0
Platform: Windows 7 Professional (32bit)
Language: Powerbuilder 11.5
mickh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2011 at 9:23am
Hi Dindo

I eventually got it to work be referencing the Custom Properties as an array.  Naming the properties caused an error.

iOleEvent.CustomProperties.Property[1]=udw_dashboard_snapshot.GetItemNumber(counter,'c_key')
iOleEvent.CustomProperties.Property[2]=udw_dashboard_snapshot.GetItemString(counter,'c_comm_type')

I hope you have some luck with the customicons. They will be a real help for me.

Michael
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic