Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Chart Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flow Graph Wishes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davbrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flow Graph Wishes
    Posted: 11 October 2011 at 2:28pm
Dear Santa,

1) Markup support for ConnectionPoint.Caption.

2) Add a ConnectionPoint.BackGroundColor property, so that each ConnectionPoint could have a different color as needed.

3) Add a ConnectionPoint.Alignment property (Left/Center/Right), so that each ConnectionPoint caption could be aligned regardless of the ConnectionPoint .Type.

I need all of the above badly!!!!

Thanks,

Dave
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 18.4.0 Platform: Windows XP SP2+ & Windows 7 (32bit & 64Bit)
Windows 8/8.1/10

Language: Clarion 5.0/5.5/6.3/7.3/8/9/9.1/10
robirenz View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robirenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2011 at 2:42pm
I think If it could autodetect whether the point is moved from left to right depending on where you move the child would be awesome, maybe a vertical imanitive bar that would move the point to the left or right side depending on where the child would be.

Best Regards...

Roberto Renz
AndyWilton View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyWilton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2011 at 3:29pm
Hi Dave,

I too share your wish list - my customers could make a lot of use of these features.

Here's wishing for a speedy response Smile

Cheers,

Andy
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) v11.2.1 -> v15.2.1
Platform: Windows XP / Vista / Win 7
Language: Clarion 5.5 -> C8.x
======================================
Andy Wilton
jpg_dmc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpg_dmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2011 at 4:46pm
I also would love to have access to these features to make my FC more 'lively'

Thanks Santa ;)

JP
Data Management Center
http://www.dmc-fr.com
LANSRAD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LANSRAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2011 at 7:23pm
I'd like to see those enhancements too!

We are just starting to use this control but that would be quite helpful.

Charles

lemongrass View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lemongrass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2011 at 2:42am
Hello,

all of that would be great for me too. But I've an additional request: I need to annotate the
 connectors with plain text only.

Annotate

BR
Mario
davbrat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davbrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2011 at 1:05pm
That would be really cool.

You could have two annotation text boxes, one for the InputPoint and one for the OutputPoint.

pCode

InputPointAnnotation.Caption = "100m/min"
InputPointAnnotation.BackGroundColor = White
InputPointAnnotation.TextColor = Black
InputPointAnnotation.BorderColor = Red
InputPointAnnotation.VertAlignment = XTPAbove

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 18.4.0 Platform: Windows XP SP2+ & Windows 7 (32bit & 64Bit)
Windows 8/8.1/10

KayEll View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KayEll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2011 at 4:04pm
Something else that would be cool is a more generalized flow like a network diagram would show, with the ability to have the lines connecting to 32-bit icons with text under each one.  I guess it would be a new control for "diagramming".  As if Codejock doesn't have enough to do.

Sort of like this, but much better than this:
http://help.mysonicwall.com/sw/eng/6931/ui2/25110/images/L2bridge_inline_network_diagram.jpg
Peter59 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2011 at 3:06pm
Hi to all!

I too share your wish lists!

But first of all: FlowGraph is a great control to visualize hierarchies and relationships and
I am very excited about the upcoming enhancements.

Anyhow I agree with my previous speakers and will add some wishes:

a) Make Width and Height of FlowGraphNode to Read-Write - this was the first point my
customer mentioned in a demo presentation ("It is possible to get the same width for nodes of the same level?").
Why it is possible to change width and height with mouse but not programmatically?

b) Sounds strange, but it is possible to have a connection point to a node instead of only
to connections?

c) The ablity to add any control to a FlowGraphNode like in your downloadable sample application (see
http://www.codejock.com/downloads/samples/chart.asp)

d) Add methods for moving connections (change the index) in a node

e) More properties for conections (BackgroundColor, ForegroundColor, Alignment)

f) Add connectionpoint types (arrow, triangle etc. ) instead of only a small circle

g) Add a legend (see picture below)

h) Add Icon Alignment to align the icon at top/bottom etc.

Thanks, Peter
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.2.1
Platform: Windows 7 64 Bit
Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6
Peter59 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2011 at 3:15pm
In addition:

i) variable grid width and height
j) KeyXX events (KeyDown, KeyPress, KeyUp), e.g. to move nodes with keyboard

Question regarding renaming caption:

When using Markup for a node caption, the RenameNode method enters edit mode and shows the caption *with* markup tags. Do I really have to implement my own rename method or wouldn't it be better that the RenameNode method allows only the displayed caption text to be edited?

Thanks again, Peter

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.2.1
Platform: Windows 7 64 Bit
Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6
davbrat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davbrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2012 at 4:22pm
To all Flowgraph users, our wish list is getting a "look at" by CJ and some love could be heading our way soon.

BTW, Two bugs have been fixed (XAML images/SmoothingMode & SmoothingMode resets ImageIndex).

Thanks to SuperMario!

Dave B.
Windows 8/8.1/10

DKnowles View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DKnowles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2012 at 7:51am
I'd like to be able to set the alignment of the image within the node. It would make a big difference to me to be able to position the image to the right of the caption text rather than just to the left.
davbrat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davbrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2012 at 11:58pm
Great Idea!

That is needed.
Windows 8/8.1/10

davbrat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davbrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2013 at 12:56pm
 Node shapes (Circle/Hex/Diamond/Hex etc.) would be fantastic
Windows 8/8.1/10

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic