Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Selection scheme frustration

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Selection scheme frustration
    Posted: 09 September 2011 at 9:19am
After upgrading to v15.1.3.0908, I can no longer find a selection scheme that works as I need it to. I need arbitrary selection of rows with both shift/ctrl, along with deselection capability (and the ability to right-click within a range without changing the selection).

The new default behavior seems close, but I can't use CTRL+Click (or Shift+Click) to *deselect* one or more existing rows.

The existing behavior of v15.0.2 worked perfectly for me, so I also tried setting the behavioral scheme explicitly, such as:

GetReportCtrl().GetBehavior()->SetScheme(xtpReportBehaviorCodejock1502)

Unfortunately, this introduces an entirely different problem - now I can no longer use CTRL+Click to select records outside of an *existing* selection. To reproduce this problem, use Shift+Click to select a range of rows, then hold down CTRL and click a row outside of that existing range - it will not select.

This is most frustrating. Please help!
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2011 at 1:51pm
Hi,
this is indeed a bug. I'll modify the options. Please note that you can also customize the behavior and not only select preset schemes.

Andre

Codejock support
markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2011 at 4:11pm
Hi Andre,

Please note that you can also customize the behavior and not only select preset schemes.

I tried just about every combination of flags I could think of in an attempt to reproduce the precise behavior of 15.0.2, but I simply could not do it. I always had to either lose deselection within an existing block or outside of it (could not get a scenario that provided both).

If you can determine any set of code changes that might help me work around this problem, I would be most grateful.
mgampi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgampi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2011 at 4:49pm
Hello Andre;

I've the same troubles with version 15.1.3!
Is an update available to solve this when opening a support ticket?
Martin

Product: Xtreme Toolkit v 19.0.0, new Projects v 19.1.0
Platform: Windows 10 v 1909 (64bit)
Language: VC++ 2017
adrien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2011 at 3:33pm
I'm finding this problem a bit of an issue.

is there a patch / fix available?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic