Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[SOLVED] AddComboButton(TRUE) does not work!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [SOLVED] AddComboButton(TRUE) does not work!
    Posted: 08 September 2011 at 4:37pm

XTP 15.1.3

Can you please add that function to your test cases. This is the second time it stops working!

Modify ReportSample, in TaskListView.cpp(223)
pColumnStatus->GetEditOptions()->m_bAllowEdit = FALSE;
pColumnStatus->GetEditOptions()->AddComboButton(TRUE);

VoilĂ ! You can't edit your cell!

EDIT:
Patch provided by CJ solves the problem. Thanks Abuenger!
PokerMemento - http://www.pokermemento.com/
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2011 at 4:55pm
XTPReportControl.cpp(5953):
if (!IsEditMode()) // Need to actually cancel the edit - old version (10) did not have this call
    EditItem(NULL);

The window handle check inside IsEditMode() seems to be wrong!
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2011 at 5:05pm
Btw, using Visual Studio 2010 SP1.
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2011 at 1:24pm
PING............... PONG?
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2011 at 12:34am
Hi,

I look into a solution for the next release. In the past m_bAllowEdit = FALSE; disabled the edit box but you could still select a constraint from the combobox. The was no way to disable editing entirely.

There must be 3 different modes:
- Editing, Combobox
- No editing, Combobox
- No editing, no combobox

Andre

Codejock support
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2011 at 3:43am
Mode #2 is the one that fails.
cpede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2011 at 5:33am
Hmm, It would still be nice to allow a control be be used only from the drop-down button, or spin button, even it is read-only.

Please see my post:

Allowing people to use the spin-buttons or combo drop-down without being able to write directly into the edit or combo field!

-cpede
Product: Xtreme ToolkitPro (20.3.0)
Platform: Windows 10 (x64)
Language: Visual Studio 2017 (C++)
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2011 at 8:55am
This was supported in every version until 15.x. It's a regression...
Fredrik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fredrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2011 at 8:41am
This issue also broke my application - I used to have "drop list" behaviour on the combo boxes on my report control, but after upgrading the combo box button does not appear. 

Is this anything that will be fixed in a future release and in this case, when is it scheduled? I will not be able to upgrade until then.

Also, it would be good if the release notes listed the breaking changes in the code and what it should be replaced by. The equivalents of m_bHeaderRowsVisible and m_bHeaderRecordsVisible (ShowHeaderRows()/HeaderRowsAllowEdit()) are now found in XTPReportDeprecated implying that they will be removed in the future. Then, by what? 

Thanks

Windows 10, Visual Studio 20157, Toolkit Pro 18.3.0
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2011 at 11:11am
Originally posted by Fredrik Fredrik wrote:

Also, it would be good if the release notes listed the breaking changes in the code and what it should be replaced by. The equivalents of m_bHeaderRowsVisible and m_bHeaderRecordsVisible (ShowHeaderRows()/HeaderRowsAllowEdit()) are now found in XTPReportDeprecated implying that they will be removed in the future. Then, by what? 

Thanks

Hi,

no need to worry, nothing will be removed and no application broken. I hope you agree that HeaderRowsAllowEdit / FooterRowsAllowEdit is not proper OOP and it should be Header.AllowEdit and Footer.AllowEdit instead. Those are the changes made under the hood.

Andre

Codejock support
Fredrik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fredrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2011 at 5:47pm
Quote no need to worry, nothing will be removed and no application broken. 

What I meant with "breaking changes" for me was that the application did not compile after upgrading. And that after replacing the deleted members with (what I think) correct calls my combo boxes no longer worked. 

The compilation errors were due to that I have a derived CXTPReportControl where I accessed m_pHeaderRows (now private), m_bHeaderRowsVisible (now gone) and m_bHeaderRecordsVisible (also now gone) and a m_pImageManager somewhere (now private).

But yes, I do agree with that the changes are for the better.

Windows 10, Visual Studio 20157, Toolkit Pro 18.3.0
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2011 at 10:43am
Please make sure this gets fixed in 15.1.4. Can't wait for 17.0 this time.
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2011 at 10:39am

Please provide a patch or a release date when this will be fixed.

Please do not tell me to file a support ticket. I already did. Long time ago. No response.
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2011 at 10:36pm
Hi,

I've added a regression test for this issue.

Andre

Codejock support
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2011 at 3:49am
Great to hear!
Now, did the test pass with the latest build? :P

15.1.4 soon to come?
cpede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2011 at 6:12am
It is breaking code. I call  ShowHeaderRows(FALSE); before any rows are added to the report. This makes a crash in XTPReportRow.h line 792, because there is no test if the row is NULL.

-cpede
dennisV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennisV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2011 at 5:48pm
Hi,

I have the same problem - unfortunately this broke the current release and I need to fix it up and update the version urgently. I can't seem to find the patch mentioned, can someone please point me to it? Thanks!
// W7 64 Ultimate SP1
// VS 2008
// CodeJock 16.2.3 (MFC)
mgampi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgampi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2011 at 3:39am
Hi;

You find it on https://store.codejock.com/orders.asp

Martin

Product: Xtreme Toolkit v 19.0.0, new Projects v 19.1.0
Platform: Windows 10 v 1909 (64bit)
Language: VC++ 2017
dennisV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennisV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2011 at 4:26pm
Yes, the latest release fixes this issue, thanks.
// W7 64 Ultimate SP1
// VS 2008
// CodeJock 16.2.3 (MFC)
cpede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2012 at 5:33pm
Tested the combobox in v1521, and it seems to work now. However the drop down button is arrow and not themed at all ? Consistency please...

-cpede
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2012 at 5:36pm
Is this fix included in 15.2.1.0403?
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2012 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by znakeeye znakeeye wrote:

Is this fix included in 15.2.1.0403?

Yes, of course.

Andre

Codejock support
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic