Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Report Control
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - [SOLVED] v15.1.2 issue - scrolling with selection
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[SOLVED] v15.1.2 issue - scrolling with selection

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [SOLVED] v15.1.2 issue - scrolling with selection
    Posted: 14 August 2011 at 10:28pm
Just upgraded from 15.0.2 to the latest 15.1.2 build, and am seeing a problem.

Now when using the keyboard to move the row selection, the vertical scroll bar does not follow it.

In other words, if I use the down arrow key to move the selection past the bottom row, the report control doesn't scroll as it should.

I'm using the control in virtual mode, and I noticed the "ReportControl.VirtualList.exe" sample exhibits the same problem.
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2011 at 2:05pm
Thanks,

confirmed and fixed.

Andre

Codejock support
markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2011 at 2:16pm
Hi Andre,

Thanks for the prompt response.

Given the severity, is there a way we can patch the XTP report control sources to resolve this problem?
Alex View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2011 at 3:28am
Hello,
I'm also interessted to get a fix for that.
Thx in advance,
Alex
www.ANKHOR.com

Product: Xtreme ToolkitPro version 15.2.1
Platform: Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
Language: Visual C++ 2005 / 2008 / 2010
markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2011 at 10:42am
Andre, were you planning on sharing a source patch for this, or should we roll everything back to 15.0.2?

We can't ship product with a defect as serious as this, so need some direction on how to proceed.
jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2011 at 11:05am
15.1.3 has been released - maybe it is fixed in that version?
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.6
Platform: Windows XP - SP3

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2011 at 11:26am
Could be mistaken, but believe 15.1.3 was released prior to the discovery of this problem.
Alex View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2011 at 3:11pm
Maybe you can tell us what's wrong ?
I think we're able to integrate the fix manually :)

www.ANKHOR.com

znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2011 at 7:22am
Important bug indeed.
So... when is 15.1.4 going to be released?
PokerMemento - http://www.pokermemento.com/
Alex View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2011 at 4:28am
Would be kind if anybody could post an answer...
This is a serious problem !
www.ANKHOR.com

markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2011 at 8:55am
Agreed, this is too serious a problem to defer to the next bug-fix release (which is what the lack of response implies).

At a minimum, please help us to understand the problem so we can solve it ourselves.

I'm not terribly keen to roll back to 15.0.2 at this time, since v15.1.x does solve a lot of other important problems.
Alex View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 August 2011 at 9:22am
Correct. I just don't want to search the problem by myself.
I would also prefer to integrate the fix with the already installed v15.1.3 by myself.
Updating all our solutions with a new project is always a pain...
www.ANKHOR.com

Lodep59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lodep59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 August 2011 at 5:45am
And consider yourself lucky! I use the ActiveX version, nothing to do on my side ... Just expect a very quick fix by CJ ...

I confirm that this issue is critical.

Originally posted by markr markr wrote:

I'm not terribly keen to roll back to 15.0.2 at this time, since v15.1.x does solve a lot of other important problems.

Checked with the ActiveX 15.0.2 this morning, this bug already affect the virtual mode in this version.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) last version
Platform: Windows 7 Ultimate
Language: VB6 SP6 (FR)
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2011 at 4:48pm
Please open a support ticket to get the current package.

Andre

Codejock support
markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2011 at 9:06am

I opened a support ticket on Monday, and no response so far. What is the normal / expected turnaround time for a support ticket these days?
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2011 at 9:50am
Originally posted by markr markr wrote:

I opened a support ticket on Monday, and no response so far. What is the normal / expected turnaround time for a support ticket these days?

Please post the issue number.

Thanks

Codejock support
markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2011 at 9:56am
Hi Andre,

Issue number is 27220. Thanks!
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2011 at 10:25pm
Updated build with fix is available as a download.

Andre

Codejock support
adrien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2011 at 7:05am
Hi Andre

is that the hotfix build 0908?

Regards

Adrien
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2011 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by adrien adrien wrote:

Hi Andre

is that the hotfix build 0908?

Regards

Adrien

Yes

Codejock support
adrien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2011 at 4:19am
Thanks.  I can confirm it's fixed.

One thing though I found with the update to 15.1.3.0908.  The DLL has the same name, but different signature.  If you have an Exe compiled with the previous version, it complains about a missing CXTPReportControl::Create call.  I see this was removed.

Removing this might not affect compilation, but it affects linkage, and actually means we can't just swap out the DLL with the fixed 0908 version, we need to deploy all new exes and all new DLLs that link to CJ.
adrien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2011 at 7:17am
Need to re-open this.  It's fixed on some of my test systems but not all.  Works on one XP machine, and 2k3, but exhibits a bug on another XP machine and win7x64.

The bug is that page down doesn't cause a scroll to ensure the new record is visible.  Page up does.  So you can navigate up through a virtual report control, but not down.  On some computers.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic