Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Controls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ListView column sort order arrows missing?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomasS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ListView column sort order arrows missing?
    Posted: 27 May 2011 at 4:56am
When using the Listview control in report mode and several columns I expected there was some property to enable the sort order arrows/icons in the column headers. But there wasn't! Implementing the actual sorting by clicking the column headers works fine, but it really needs the arrow icons for the user to know what column it is sorted on and in what direction.
I tried implementing it by using the API (updating the header control structure with the HDF_SORTUP/DOWN flags) but I failed to get it to work...
Does anyone know of a workaround?

To add to the confusion there is something in the Codejock product presentation of the "Controls" product called "List control". It shows a screenshot WITH A CHECKBOX FOR COLUMN SORT ARROW and the arrow clearly seen in one of the column headers. I assume this is an outdated page (that should be removed) since I cannot find any control by that name or with the Column sort arrow property after installing Suite Pro 15.0.2. Link to the List control page:
Does the "List control" still exist?
If it has been replaced with the ListView control, why was not the sort order arrows included?
Have I missed something?
TomasS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomasS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2011 at 5:27am
Noticed one more interesting thing when testing a little more. If I set "AllowColumnReorder" and drag one of the columns, the transparent copy of the column header I drag has the sort order arrow resulting from my API operation! Before dragging and after dropping I don't have the arrows at all though :-(
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2011 at 4:39am
Hello,

Thanks, it was screenshot from MFC version, and we indeed miss it for ActiveX. Added now.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
TomasS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomasS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2011 at 8:12am
Thanks. I then assume we can see the arrows in a coming update?
Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 17.3.0, 16.3.1
Windows 10 64-bit
Visual Basic 6.0
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2011 at 5:39am
Yes, sure.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
TomasS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomasS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2011 at 11:13am
I just downloaded the 15.1.3 version and noticed that sort order arrows are shown when using that.
Great.Smile They are however not implemented the way I expected. Sorry for being picky...Unhappy
This is how they look now in 15.1.3:

Notice that the label no longer fits due to the arrow. The arrow look resembles more the style of Office 2010 with the difference that in Office the arrow is never allowed to shorten the text.

This is how a default listview in report mode looks in Windows 7 explorer:

Notice how the arrow is above the label text leaving the text as it is.
This is also the way it is shown in the transparent version of the column header when dragged to a new position even in codejock's version. (The transparent CJ version however shows the arrow pointing in the wrong direction)
Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 17.3.0, 16.3.1
Windows 10 64-bit
Visual Basic 6.0
BobR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2011 at 10:56pm
I'm also looking for a fix to the Sort arrows in Listview and was hoping to find them in v15.2.1.  If the arrows are smaller and above the column label (like in Windows 7 Explorer), it would be a lot better looking.  Also, the arrow should be pointing "Up" or "Down" in relation to the type of sort, ascending or descending.  In the mean time, thanks for a great set of tools...Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic