Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aero Wizard loosing parent

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aero Wizard loosing parent
    Posted: 16 May 2011 at 8:25am
I have a problem that I have tried to work around for some time now. I have a PropertySheet wizard made using the Aero theme. When creating this I set the main window as the parent to the wizard and I can move around pages as expected.

1) First problem is that is shows the wizard in the task bar (on windows Vista and 7). I know that this is probably a UX design decision from MS, but I have read that it should be possible to remove the wizard from the task bar. Can anyone tell me how?

2) If I from within the wizard send a message to my main window, for opening e.g. a dialog I get the following problem. Since the message is calling a method setting the main window to the dialog (while the wizard is opened with the main window as the parent also), the new dialog is displayed on top of both my main window and wizard, just as I like. But when I close the dialog the wizard looses the parent to the main window, and I seems like the wizard is become modeless instead of modal?

Appreciate some help.

-cpede
Product: Xtreme ToolkitPro (20.3.0)
Platform: Windows 10 (x64)
Language: Visual Studio 2017 (C++)
cpede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2011 at 6:10am
Hmmm, I think is maybe a general question about opening a dialog with the main window as parent and then from that dialog opening a new dialog with the same main window as parent?

Does anyone have a suggestion?

When can we expect the Wizard style to be supported in CXTPPropertySheet ?

-cpede
Product: Xtreme ToolkitPro (20.3.0)
Platform: Windows 10 (x64)
Language: Visual Studio 2017 (C++)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic