Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New backstage events

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lodep59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New backstage events
    Posted: 11 February 2011 at 5:57am
Hello,

I try to implement the new backstage functionnalities in my app.

My problem is that there's no event fired when a user click on a RibbonBackstageTab.
How can I do to tell my backstage's form (for example a backstage form wich contains recent file list) that she had to be updated ?

The form is loaded when the backstage view is created but I don't find any method called when the form is shown. 

I've tried the "gotfocus" event but when the backstage forms are shown they don't have focus.
Same thing with "resize" event. This event is fired the first time the form is shown but not later.

Any idea ?
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) last version
Platform: Windows 7 Ultimate
Language: VB6 SP6 (FR)
Lodep59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lodep59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2011 at 6:03am
Hello,

Finally I've found a workaround by using a timer watching if the "visible" property of the form change...

No other ideas ? If so, please CJ add a method to know if the user click on a backstage tab in order to call a "refresh" (not form refresh) function to update informations on the backstage form !
jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2011 at 3:39pm
It's to bad that Form_Activate doesn't fire unless the user clicks on something on the form - I think the Codejock code should activate the form, so that it fires.

Form_Paint does fire every time, but unfortunately it also fires when the form is moved and new portions of the window become visible.  I though of using a flag to test just for the first time it fires, but then we'd need to reset when the form becomes invisible and the Deactivate event only fires when the user clicks on another form in another backstage tab (not when the form becomes invisible).

You might be able to subclass the form to check for Visibility changes, but this is a pain for something that the CJ control could provide relatively easily.

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.6
Platform: Windows XP - SP3

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2011 at 11:55am
we are adding something for next release
Lodep59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lodep59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2011 at 4:40am
Thanks.

Also please add a "Show" method to show the backstage view.
It can be usefull in some case (for exemple to show the backstage when you open the software - like access 2010).
Lodep59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lodep59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 11:10am
Originally posted by SuperMario SuperMario wrote:

we are adding something for next release

Just a question about that. How do you plan to do this ?
Did you need us to do some tests before releasing ?

Originally posted by Lodep59 Lodep59 wrote:

Also please add a "Show" method to show the backstage view.
It can be usefull in some case (for exemple to show the backstage when you open the software - like access 2010).

What's new about this ?
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 12:44pm
To Show Backstage call

RibbonBar.SystemButton.Execute

Working with Event.

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2011 at 12:53pm
Ok, Backstage now also generates InitCommandsPopup.  code for next release:

Private Sub CommandBars_InitCommandsPopup(ByVal CommandBar As XtremeCommandBars.ICommandBar)

If TypeOf CommandBar Is RibbonBackstageView Then
        Debug.Print "RibbonBackstageView"
    End If
End Sub
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2011 at 11:42am
And for when a Backstage Tab is clicked\opened we added:

Private Sub CommandBars_ControlNotify(ByVal Control As XtremeCommandBars.ICommandBarControl, ByVal Code As Long, ByVal NotifyData As Variant, Handled As Variant)
    If (Code = XTP_BS_TABCHANGED) Then
        Debug.Print Control.Caption
    End If
End Sub
Lodep59 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lodep59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2011 at 1:04am
Hi,

Seems ok for me. Waiting for next release.
When do you expect to publish 15.0.2 ?
tfrancois View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrancois Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2011 at 9:24am
Thank you for adding these upcoming enhancements to the BackStageView feature.
But I have found a glaring issue that I can't seem to resolve and wondering if you could help.

I am using a form with controls aligned along the bottom of the form and when the form is displayed in a tab of the BackStateView, it seems as though the resizing of the form insists on cutting off the bottom of the form.  In other words, the form is not aligned to "fill" the client area, but instead its height is set to greater than the client area so a significant portion of the bottom of the form refuses to show.  Perhaps this is due to a miscalculation of the NEW height of the form within the client area container.  Please advise.

HINT: This bug will only be visible if there are controls at the very bottom of the child form being used in a backstage tab.  The sample app does not show this issue due to the fact that the backstage client forms in the sample do not have controls along the bottom.
     Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
     Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 3
     Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic