Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Suite Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CommandBars, DockingPane and popup menus

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blazej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CommandBars, DockingPane and popup menus
    Posted: 14 February 2005 at 3:01pm
Hi

I use both CommandBars and DockingPane together. I have a bunch of dockable panes. I would like to display context menus (popups) in various panes. Now, I have one CommandBars object living in MainFrame. Should I add a separate CommandBars to each pane? Can I actually do it? Or should I expose the CommandBars from the main frame for all panes to use? What's the "best usage"?

Thanks in advance

Michal Blazejczyk
Boyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2005 at 3:07pm

You can actually use both methods.  Where possible, I find it easier to expose the CommandBars object from the MainFrame.  I say this because you already have the 'Execute' and 'Update' event handlers established.

If you find that your docking pane is more of a stand-alone item that wouldn't benefit from sharing the CommandBars on the MainFrame, you can create your own instance of CommandBars on that pane.

As a general rule, you can create multiple instances of CommandBars and DockingPane so long as two instances of the same object are not at the same child level of the same container.  If you ever need multiple instances of the CommandBars or DockingPane on the same container, place them in PictureBox controls (for Visual Basic) or Panels (for C#).

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic