Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How do you change TabWorkspace flags in runtime?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How do you change TabWorkspace flags in runtime?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you change TabWorkspace flags in runtime?
    Posted: 05 February 2011 at 6:19am
Hello everyone, I have recently ran into an issue I am unable to solve.

I'm making a tabbed web browser in vb6 using CJ v13.4.2. The tabs are actually child windows using the tab workspace.

I want to have the user able to have an option to change wether the "Close" button is shown on background tabs or just the selected/active tab. However, using the code I have currently, it just doesn't seem to change for me during run time.

If there is a way to do this or some type of workaround, I would love to know as this has pretty well halted my development.

Some code or possibly a sample project would be wonderful. :)

Thanks in advance guys!
Xander75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xander75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2011 at 6:19am
Hi,

Setting the Workspace flags at runtime appears to change the icons in the upper right hand of the Workspace (i.e. arrows, close button) however the only way to get them to change for the tabs is to close the tabs then reopen them. The tabs only appear to take the new flags once all tabs are closed.

I thought Workspace.Refresh would help but it doesn't appear to help in this instance Unhappy

Unless anyone else knows of a way I think you'll need to create a support ticket for this one.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) v15.3.1
Platform: Windows 7 64-bit (SP1) Professional Edition
Languages: C#.Net using Visual Studio 2012 & Visual Basic 6.0 (SP6)
shipwreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2011 at 8:11pm
That's exactly what I've run into. I'm able to change the upper right area but not the tabs.
This is definitely something that needs to be added in future editions  or current however the patching works here.
I don't think I'll open a support ticket as I haven't got the time to currently. Thanks for posting though, I was beginning to think the forums had died during my absence.

I suppose I'll go ahead with development and release this version without the feature.
Product: Xtreme Suite Pro (Active-X), Version 15.3.1

Platform: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64Bit) & Windows XP Mode SP3 (32Bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic