Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Chart Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[Question] Custom Point Labels

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [Question] Custom Point Labels
    Posted: 22 November 2010 at 5:36pm
Is there any way to customize the text that appears in a point label?

For example, I am using a stacked bar chart to show 3 values, each greater than the next (750, 1000, 2000). I would like them not to appear cumulatively/sequentially, but for each point to appear relative to 0 (or the origin of the X axis).

I can get the bars to appear as required if I use point values 750, 250, 1000 instead of 750, 1000, 2000, but then the values displayed are not what I require.

If I can display custom text in the labels, then I can use 750, 250, 1000 for the point values and then use 750, 1000, 2000 for the label values.

Is this possible? Or perhaps even better would be a style option for the stacked bar chart that let's the bar widths be calculated relative to the axis rather than relative to the previous bar point value.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.6
Platform: Windows XP - SP3

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2010 at 5:46pm
Found it - you can change the Series.Style.Label.Format property to any text that you need.

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.6
Platform: Windows XP - SP3

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2010 at 3:02am
Hi,

Yes. Also we added Point.LabelText to allow manually set such text for each point individually.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
maestro1914 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maestro1914 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2011 at 11:48pm
is it possible to have labels turned off for all but one point on a line chart?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic