Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Chart Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Great job!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kylechen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Great job!
    Posted: 15 November 2010 at 10:15pm
I just got the ChartPro package and tried the samples. It looks great! Thank you guys from Codejock. You're really good at doing this.
Beer
GeorgeBrown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeorgeBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2010 at 3:42pm

The product look is pretty good, as usual, but one of your competitors made the job better, isn't it? And they finished it on-time without unreasonable 1-year delay.

Just my 2 cents, no more...

znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2010 at 3:36am

Lol. Here's my 2 dollars:

1) CJ finished it first.
2) The quality of CJ chart component is superior.

I'm willing to discuss the rest of the features, but the competing chart control is a joke.
PokerMemento - http://www.pokermemento.com/
kylechen View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kylechen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2010 at 3:59am
Which one is the competing chart control you're talking about?
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2010 at 7:21am
Originally posted by GeorgeBrown GeorgeBrown wrote:

The product look is pretty good, as usual, but one of your competitors made the job better, isn't it? And they finished it on-time without unreasonable 1-year delay.

Just my 2 cents, no more...

The BCGSoft chart sample is a PATHETIC copy of the Codejock chart browser. It's embarrassing.
On-Time? I call that rushed out.

Codejock support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeorgeBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2010 at 3:17pm
I didn’t realize that according to this forum policies, the 1-st post can’t be critical. Or, we must post 100 “Great! Excellent!” messages first? I don’t have any relations to both companies: I just evaluated this toolkit and had compared it with other. Yes, CJ chart is not too bad, but it’s very far from the great job, IMHO.
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 8:54am
You have obviously not compared the two chart libraries. There is nothing in the BCG Chart that is not in the CJ Chart.

And no one who just compared the two toolkits and decided for the other one would register on the forum and post here.

Your attempt is as pathetic as the copied chart and sample.

Codejock support

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeorgeBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 9:40am

Sorry, I’ve compared both charts and figured out that CodeJock chart doesn’t have:

• Historical Charts
• Polar Charts
• Radar Charts
• Interactive Charts

What’s else?

Sven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 10:55am
I'm missing the coffeemaker chart.
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 11:11am

Sorry, I’ve compared both charts and figured out that CodeJock chart doesn’t have:

• Historical Charts
• Polar Charts
• Radar Charts
• Interactive Charts

What’s else?

I totally agree with Andre (and others) Curious as I am, I downloaded sample of BCG. Just to give you an example:

The "thing" on the left is BCG and is called a Spline...
Do I need to say more???? Give me Picturebox and code how to calculate Spline and it look just like that LOL

I found only one thing that I would like to see in CJ Chart: Clicking on "points" to get info

Well, Radar & Polar chart isn't available (yet...) but I can't wait to show you the result IF CodeJock decides to implement them.

Well, I wish you the best if you decide to buy BCG chart Wink

Thanks

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 11:15am

• Historical Charts
• Polar Charts
• Radar Charts
• Interactive Charts

What’s else?

CJ has historical charts. And it's much better than the BCG implementation.

Features not implemented in BCG chart:
- Range Bar
- Doughnut
- Pyramid
- Funnel
- Markup
- Multiple diagrams
- Secondary axes
- True 3D charts

Your attempt here is just lame and you're not really doing BCG a favor with that.

Codejock support
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 11:22am
Also I'm well aware that BCG reads the forum here and took my ideas (and others) and even a part of the sample app that I wrote and sent to Oleg.

We don't need copycats.

Codejock support
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by ABuenger ABuenger wrote:

Also I'm well aware that BCG reads the forum here
[...]

Oeps, I called their Spline a "thing". Should I remove that reply? uhhhh..........  Tongue

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 1:21pm
No, but you should register Thing(tm) as a trademark before they do.

Codejock support
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic