Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Chart Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Radarplot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Radarplot
    Posted: 10 November 2010 at 10:23am
Originally posted by ABuenger ABuenger wrote:

I'm with Aaron here. Most of the report control bugs need to be fixed before new chart types are implemented. A bug free grid/report control is critical to most apps.

Thanks Andre,

for supporting me in this. If all ReportControl issues are solved, you will have my vote on the Surface Chart Wink

Thank you

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2010 at 10:03am
I'm with Aaron here. Most of the report control bugs need to be fixed before new chart types are implemented. A bug free grid/report control is critical to most apps.

Codejock support
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2010 at 5:20am
Originally posted by adrien adrien wrote:

Hey Aaron

I think you have to consider maybe they are prioritising development of new features over bugs not just due to messages from marketing, but also on the impact of the bug.  If very few people report a bug, it's maybe only advanced use of something that shows the bug up, and it's hard to fix, they may reduce its priority.  Simple cost-benefit analysis.

Otherwise we'd all still be running Windows 1.0 build 50,000 or DOS since no software of any large size is ever completely bug-free it seems.

So the real world dictates you can't make bug-freedom a pre-requisite for further feature development.

I use MFC so I don't know - does the ActiveX one come with source?  If so you would at least not be solely dependent on CJ for fixes.

Hi Adrien,

I know you can't have bugfree software but looking at my ReportControl issue post, about 50% of the bugs are "implemented" in later versions (I still use V13.0 myself because of that) Once it worked OK, so I assume it can be done again, right?

If some implentation doesn't work, just don't implement it. If I can't get it right (in my own software) I won't use it. There will always be a bug somewhere, I know that, but I don't release it before it is tested thoroughly. CJ on the otherhand is releasing new version just few weeks before final release. Developers use new implementations and after a while it seems there are bugs (you said it yourself, hard to fix or can't be fixed because of bad design) and you can't revert so you get stuck with control that is half done (again, I still use V13.0 myself because of that) I rather have 99% bugfree software with limitations (prefer 100%) than a lot of features which work for 90% 

I use ActiveX so I have to depend on CJ developers to do their job and I'm trying to find bugs before releasing but I can't do that in a few weeks. I don't use all features but that's why I try to help members in forum with their problems and sometimes it produces a bug when testing it.

I only replied on your reply because it looks like I am the bully (someone said this already in this forum but I didn't care at that time and I don't care now) I only want bugfree controls so I don't have to worry using them in my own software (have to be bugfree as well Tongue)

Thank you

adrien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2010 at 2:22pm
Hey Aaron

I think you have to consider maybe they are prioritising development of new features over bugs not just due to messages from marketing, but also on the impact of the bug.  If very few people report a bug, it's maybe only advanced use of something that shows the bug up, and it's hard to fix, they may reduce its priority.  Simple cost-benefit analysis.

Otherwise we'd all still be running Windows 1.0 build 50,000 or DOS since no software of any large size is ever completely bug-free it seems.

So the real world dictates you can't make bug-freedom a pre-requisite for further feature development.

I use MFC so I don't know - does the ActiveX one come with source?  If so you would at least not be solely dependent on CJ for fixes.
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2010 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Arnoutdv Arnoutdv wrote:

[...]
Even better to know that you as just another customer need to protect their priorities. Clap

Hi,

I don't need to protect THEIR priorities but my own (and the ones who use ReportControl as well) See post http://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=16309&title=bug-v1330-issues-56-solved-14  again. I started thread 28-02-2010 and look how many issues are solved... And why? I'm sure the ChartControl has something to do with it. THAT is why I replied on your post. I don't need new implementations, NOT now, let them first fix all other issues and when there's time left let them implement new things.

Thanks

Arnoutdv View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arnoutdv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2010 at 9:39am
Good to know that you are all knowing!
Even better to know that you as just another customer need to protect their priorities. Clap
VB6 SP6, SuitePro 16.3.0 / 18.2.0, Win10/64
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2010 at 9:32am

What a strange reaction!

Why is a chart control a "toy"?
I bought the control, I plan to use it in my commercial applications, but I'm still missing some features.
Doesn't hurt to ask, is it?
What is wrong with asking for a timeline, I didn't demand anything did I?

Hi,

Asking for a timeline is same as demanding... You already expect it to be implemented because of the timeline, isn't it? Oleg said: plans to implement in future releases not in next release... They have trouble enough with upcoming releases so don't ask for a timeline for V16 or so. People like you put a lot of pressure on CJ developers because their salesmen already say: YES, that is what we need, that will sell our product even better!!! and they forget what it takes to improve current implementations (read: fix all issues that comes with new implementations)

If I offended you by these replies, tough luck Tongue 

Thank you

Arnoutdv View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arnoutdv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2010 at 8:40am
What a strange reaction!

Why is a chart control a "toy"?
I bought the control, I plan to use it in my commercial applications, but I'm still missing some features.
Doesn't hurt to ask, is it?
What is wrong with asking for a timeline, I didn't demand anything did I?

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2010 at 8:13am

Good to hear!

Is there a time schedule for this?

C'mon, CJ just released new ChartControl and you come nagging about some time schedule. There are more important things then some "software toy" to play with. I guess you don't use ReportControl, do you?  Well I do !!! http://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=16309&title=bug-v1330-issues-56-solved-14  42 issues left !!!!!

Thanks for nothing

Arnoutdv View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arnoutdv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2010 at 4:12am
Good to hear!

Is there a time schedule for this?
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2010 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by oleg oleg wrote:

Hi,

Its currently not implemented. We plan to add it in future releases.

Right after the surface chart Wink

Codejock support
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2010 at 12:29pm
Hi,

Its currently not implemented. We plan to add it in future releases.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Arnoutdv View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arnoutdv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2010 at 10:27am
Did I miss something or is there no method for creating a Radarplot?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic