Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Refresh Screen when returning to a Modal Popup

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XiMaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Refresh Screen when returning to a Modal Popup
    Posted: 07 November 2010 at 2:59pm
Ok guys and gals I need your help but want to preface this with I'm not sure where the problem lies.   The Problem is this...   I have a large project that I've converted over to using several codejock controls.  I have an MDI app written in VB6 that opens a window in Maximized view.  In that window I popup a Modal dialog.   If I change focus to another program like Internet explorer and put it in maximized view then using the STARTBAR icon for my program to change focus back to my program it shows the window frame (title bar) of the main MDI app and the window Frame (title bar)  of the Popup (modal) window but not the body.  The menu and body of both screens is the Internet Explorer window that had focus prior to clicking on my startbar Icon.  It is acting as if the redraw of the System Command ribbon bar in command bars from the MDI main screen are in some kind of endless loop and locks the application.  The System Command ribbon is not there it is the plain windows header (titlebar) instead.    I can reproduce the problem in the VB6 development enviornment but when I Break out it shows the current execution point at the command that shows the modal popup.  So it's not getting caught in some kind of endless loop in that window.   I"m using 13.2.1 of all controls - I am willing to update them if this is a known bug but seems odd to me.  Hoping someone has seen something like this and can give me some clues.
XiMaker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XiMaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2010 at 4:54pm
As a followup - the problem seems to be refreshing the RibbonBar is causing the problem - I remarked out all the ribbonbar code and the program works correctly.  is there any kind of refresh setting on the ribbonbar that I should set on/off that would cause this.   Basically, when another program gets the focus and is in front of my program, when I use the startbar icon to get focus back on my program it seems to go through some kind of screen refresh that locks  my program when the ribbonbar is repainting.  any insight would be greatly appreciated.
XiMaker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XiMaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2010 at 5:38pm
If I remark out     'RibbonBar.EnableFrameTheme  then all works correctly but then I lose the theme I want...  anything I can do to prevent this problem?
Hemesh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2010 at 10:08am
Hi,

I have also been battliing this issue now for a couple of days.  It didn't work in 13.3 and its still not fixed in 13.4.2.  (This is an extreamly large project which we (5 team members) have spent the last 8 weeks converting to use codejock (all our screens need tweeking in some manner).

I tied the issue down to
- Have a non modal mdi child window open
- Open another non modal mdi child window
- Click on a button that opens a modal window (some times you need to go two modal windows deep)
- Change focus to an application that covers it up
- Switch focus back
- Its now hung, the windows white out and the processor is between 90% and 100%

I then removed controls off the forms to discover if it was the modal or non modal windows that were causing the issue.  I the end I tied to down to the first non modal form I opened having a "SSActiveToolbars" control on it.  This is an old active X control from Infragistics.

If i remove this control then it all works fine.  I then also tied the issue down to the same line that you have. 

I then created a test app to verify this issue.  The first non modal form only needs the control on (no code, setup, visible=false, enabled=false, etc) to cause the crash.

I have tried using "RemoveWindowClass" and "ExcludeModule" but they don't seem to have any effect.  Note I have used the spy++ and did add the classes found to the RemoveWindowClass routine.

I have also tried to use the .RemoveWindow routine but the control does not provide a hwnd.  I used a couple of API calls to get this but it seemed to have no effect.  I am not 100% sure it was getting me the correct hwnd as the toolbar does not seem to appear as a window in spy++ (only SSTracker) is shown?

I have uploaded my example code
uploads/6296/CodeJockMDIissue_-_with_remove.zip

Does anyone have any advice?

I cannot replace the toolbar with the codejock toolbar as we have over 300 in our system and we are already cutting it fine. Unhappy

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 18.5.0

Platform: Windows 7 Enterprise (64-bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2010 at 10:48am
---------------------------
Project1
Component 'IGToolBars50.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid
OK  
PokerMemento - http://www.pokermemento.com/
Hemesh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2010 at 11:12am
Hi,

Thanks for looking at this.  The DLL needs registering.  It also needs Msvcrt.dll.

Are you running the exe or opening the project?  The control is licensed and i'm not sure if I can pass the license out.

I could knock up an installer if the DLL register fails.

Thanks again!

XiMaker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XiMaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2010 at 2:33pm
I'm using SSActiveToolbars also on several screens but I have found that it happens even when I don't have SSActiveToolbars on the form.
XiMaker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XiMaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2010 at 2:35pm
I"m sorry I just double checked and the form that I thought was not using ActiveToolBars actually is...  so strike that - that may be the problem causer, but like you I can't replace it easily...
Hemesh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2010 at 4:35pm
Can you recreate the issue with my demo project?

Click on Hire -> New Hire (open form with the SSCommandBars on)
Click on Hire -> New Estimate and then click on Command1 and then command1 (two modal forms)
Put note pad or somthing in from of the app and then try and get focus back.

If you then remove the SSActiveToolbars from frmBreakIt it should work.

If we can confirm the issue then we can both ask CJ to investgate and use this thread as a reference.

Source View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Source Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2010 at 5:13pm
Hemesh! Can you share the skin that you present us?
Thx

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 13.1.0
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 3
Source View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Source Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2010 at 5:17pm
Stupid me! Sorry. Forget it.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 13.1.0
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 3
XiMaker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XiMaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2010 at 6:08pm
YES!!! CONFIRMED LOCK  - Exactly the same results as in my software.    had to change a few items around due to CodeJock version I'm running but when all was said and done it did the exact same problem.   Now, the question will be... will they just blame it on ACTIVE TOOL BAR and not do anything...
Hemesh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2010 at 8:58am
Thats good news that its recreatable!  I've submitted a support request to codejock about this issue.  Every problem we've had so far they've fixed so fingers crossed :o)

FYI on the latest version (13.4.2) there is the following issue on the split button drop down

The bottom of the menu is chopped off.  (it works fine in 13.3.3)

XiMaker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XiMaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2010 at 9:20am
Any word on this?
Hemesh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2010 at 9:46am

Hi,

I got this reply from codeJock

"Hello,
Thanks for demo.  Menu thing is fixed (you can download 15.0 beta from our site to check with sample)
Checking modal dialog problem.  "

But have had no further reply on the modal issue.  I have even rang them up on a number of occasions.

There is the solution of removing the ribbon bar but we would lose the Big O and quick access which is a fantastic feature that we really want to release with.

Hemesh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2010 at 9:50am

I've also just added a note to my case mentioning your interest again

XiMaker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XiMaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 December 2010 at 2:03pm
Just what I was afraid of...  keep me posted..

Mark
Hemesh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2010 at 4:39am

Hi,

Good news!  CJ have fixed the issue and given me a test 13.4.2 DLL to check it out!  It seems to work! I've attached it if you want to test it too.

uploads/6296/Codejock.CommandBars.v13.4.2.zip

This will be in the 15 Beta out mid Jan!

Oleg has very kindly offered to create me a "signed isolated version based on 13.4.2" as we cannot wait for the 15 beta out mid Jan.
(but we also have a crystal reports scrollbar issue too so I’m trying to get that squeezed in too).

I'm very impressed that Oleg has fixed this issue!  We've invested a lot of time converting our product and were a little apprehensive that we had found a potential show stopper.  (It looked like a very very tricky little bug to track down and fix.)

znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2010 at 4:43am
Please show us the code diff :)
PokerMemento - http://www.pokermemento.com/
Hemesh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2010 at 9:51am
Theres no code changes needed.

I replaced the standard 13.4.2 dll with the attached test one and the lockup issue has now gone Thumbs Up

XiMaker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XiMaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2010 at 4:01pm
not sure it does me much good since I have V13.2.1 - is there a way to get that one fixed too?
XiMaker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XiMaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2010 at 12:06am
Hemesh,  can you ask Oleg if he can make the same change for V13.2.1?
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2010 at 1:29am
Hi,

Please open new issue in issuetrack.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic