Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

[CRASH] Dock pane to original position

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [CRASH] Dock pane to original position
    Posted: 21 October 2010 at 2:02pm
Hi,

My intention was to dock a pane to it's original position after the pane was floated.

Most of the time it seem to work OK but when docking a pane to another pane (shown as tabs) and docking the pane to another position the app crashes. Maybe I did something wrong... so help from support would be appreciated (or someone else who knows exactly how it should be coded) I created a test to show what I mean.

Thanks a lot in advance

Edit: I used V13.4.0 for this test project

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2010 at 5:59am

Hi,

Even [CRASH] inside description doesn't seem to wake up support. Please, tell me what I have to do to get your attention.

znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2010 at 8:03am

Request support via www.codejock.com. You will get a ticket and they will hopefully respond.

PokerMemento - http://www.pokermemento.com/
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2010 at 3:24am
Hi,

Aaron, I can't confirm that its bug. Its incorrect usage. You can't call SetLayout inside PaneActionDocked - just imagine that we dock 3-4 panes  PaneActionDocked will be called for each of them but after your Setlayout some pointers won't be valid. 

Can you describe better what you going to make, maybe there is better solution.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2010 at 5:05am

Hi Oleg,

OK, if this is incorrect usage of CreateLayout you are right it isn't bug Wink

I'm trying to create a layout that is predefined and user is allowed to float panes but isn't allowed to dock panes to another position. So the previous floated pane has to be docked to same position as before it was floated. Just as double clicking on pane caption, the pane is docked to it's original position. That is what I would like to have :)

Thanks a lot

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 3:05am
It looks so weird for user  - he moved pane to some location, see hatch rectangle where t will appear, release mouse and see it in wrong location. Guess better disable docking/floating or cancel PaneActionDocking for non original containers.
Oleg, Support Team
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 5:38am

It indeed looks weird but if I don't have any other options to work with... If I set .Options = PaneNoDockable the user isn't allowed to dock the floated pane anymore (also double clicking pane caption doesn't work)

Could it be possible to implement property DockPaneToOriginalPosition?

Any other solution is also welcome  

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2010 at 4:14am
maybe you can restrict only  for examply to allow dock to Left / Right side of client part only ?

Its not easy to formulate DockPaneToOriginalPosition -  what if user float each panes first and then try to dock them in reversed order...     what problem for appliaction if some panes will be switched ?
Oleg, Support Team
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2010 at 4:51am
Hi Oleg,

One of our customers don't want the users to mess around with their "layout" but wants to be able to float a pane and "do their thing". After "doing their thing" the user has to dock the pane back but if I allow this their layout will be changed all the time because users don't listen what their supervisers order them to do Wink So I would like to dock the pane to the original position as before the pane was floated. I tried with above test project to restore the layout but it crashed. So all solutions are welcome LOL

Thanks

Willowmaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willowmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2010 at 5:56am
Maybe you can save the layout as a string and set all the panes to be non floatable when the first pane becomes floatable. When the pane is docked back you can set the panes back to floatable and load the layout. I hope this makes sense to you. :)
Hemesh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 5:43am
I've not got 13.4 installed, but your example it doesn't crash on my 13.3 installation.. d'oh!
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 18.5.0

Platform: Windows 7 Enterprise (64-bit)

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 6:51am
Originally posted by Hemesh Hemesh wrote:

I've not got 13.4 installed, but your example it doesn't crash on my 13.3 installation.. d'oh!

Hi,

Thanks for trying my sample. Did you try to dock pane to another pane (showing as tabs) ? That is the problem !!!

Thanks

Hemesh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hemesh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 6:55am
Yeah, that was really odd that. Been trying a few things but without too much luck yet Confused. I'm continuing to have a play though as i'm sure there must be something that can be done to enforce the panes to dock to an alternative pane if set. Might have to set up your own class to record the original layout and docked neighbours..
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 18.5.0

Platform: Windows 7 Enterprise (64-bit)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willowmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 November 2010 at 8:36am
The following code seems to work quite nice for me. But I'm using 11.1.3 as codejock version:

Private Sub wndDockingPane_Action(ByVal Action As XtremeDockingPane.DockingPaneAction, ByVal Pane As XtremeDockingPane.IPane, ByVal Container As XtremeDockingPane.IPaneActionContainer, Cancel As Boolean)
Static blnSkip As Boolean
    If Not blnSkip Then
        If Action = PaneActionDragging Then
            Me.wndDockingPane.GetLayout paneLayout
        End If

If Action = PaneActionDocked Or Action = PaneActionAttached Then
            blnSkip = True
            Me.wndDockingPane.SetLayout paneLayout
            blnSkip = False
            Cancel = True
        End If
    End If
End Sub

I haven't fully tested it.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.3.1

Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 3 (on VMWare)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Willowmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2010 at 6:34am
Hello Aaron,

Have you checked the sample code yet? I'm curious if it has helped you.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.3.1

Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 3 (on VMWare)

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2010 at 12:32pm
Hi,

Thank you for looking at it Wink

@Willowmaster: Your code seems to be working OK.

To Oleg: Why isn't this right way to store layout? Do have a better way to solve this problem?

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic