Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Distribution procedure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigersolv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Distribution procedure
    Posted: 18 October 2010 at 10:25am
Hi,  we are using SkinFramework in our VB6 app (yes! VB6!).  

The spec requires that I am able to disable skinning via a software registry flag (in case of crashes etc), i have implemented this by wrapping the OCX in an OCX of my own that uses CreateObject instead of a reference and control on a form.  This all works great on my machine.  

However the only way i can get it to work on a test client pc is to use Registrator.exe to register the OCX.  I really don't want to do this as we have our own silent installer and Registrator requires the user to click a button to continue.

Does anyone know the 'correct' way to silently distribute SkinFramework OCX onto a client PC?  I have tried REGSVR32 and it seemed to work but when the object is created it just gives ActiveX error 91.   

Baldur View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2010 at 4:08am
CreateObject needs a registred class-id.
regsrv32 does this for you.
If you write an own control/exe without including the CJ's controls in a form, the licenses are not included and not distributed. You have to use the licenses-methods (VB6) or redistribute the licenses-files from CJ directory to your application directory.
Be aware that no other applications/developers can than work with the controls.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic