Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Which LANGID asks for unicode?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Which LANGID asks for unicode?
    Posted: 05 October 2010 at 4:59pm
There are hundreds of LCID/LANGID supported in Windows. I'v dug through all APIs now, and I can't find a way to determine if a specific LCID/LANGID requires unicode for perfect result. For instance, Chinese requires unicode. Which API can tell me this?
PokerMemento - http://www.pokermemento.com/
rdhd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdhd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2013 at 3:47pm
I don't know of a Windows API. We moved our entire product to Unicode (c++ project) a few years ago. For cases where we still get UTF8 data (via web service calls, for example), we convert UTF8 to unicode (and back to UTF8 when sending data to a web service).

We support a fairly good set of languages. Japanese, Chinese (both traditional and simplified), Arabic, Russian ... Almost all languages are supported in Unicode. Also I think .NET is purely unicode so that would lead me to think moving to unicode is the way to go.

Except for the occasional individual character issue we have done OK with the move. And such issues are usually problems in the OS that Microsoft needs to address. I don't think we've seen one of those in quite a while.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic