Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Suite Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TabControl bug

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TobiasWeltner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TabControl bug
    Posted: 30 January 2005 at 5:18am

I just encountered the following reproducable bug:

when you use a MDI app like the GUI sample (Visual Studio-like sample) and place a tab control on the child document, then when opening more than one child doc and returning to a previously opened child window, cursor keys inside of text controls that are placed on the tab (like Rich Text Control or any other text-accepting control) do not work anymore.

This effectively renders the tabcontrol unusable for MDI apps at this point. Does anyone know of workarounds?

Edited by TobiasWeltner
Flamer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2005 at 5:40am

I had a problem like this and thanks to support I was able to solve it as follow:

Place on the same form as the tabcontrol a picturebox-control. Place IN that picturebox the edit box (or/and all other controls you want to display on the tab). Then use the picturebox.hwnd for the Child parameter on the InsertItem (like: MyTabControl.InsertItem(lngId, strCaption,Picture1.hWnd, lngIconId)

It helped solve my problem! I hope yours too!

TobiasWeltner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TobiasWeltner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2005 at 6:47am

works indeed! Thanks so much for your hint!

I sure hope though there will be some bug fixing in the future since this workaround is not really beautiful BUT at least I can get going... Again, thanks!

Ajornet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ajornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2005 at 3:29am
Hello,
I don't understand where I have to put a PictureBox Control : on the form containing the TabControl or on the UserControl which will be the visible part of a tab ?

I don't know how to put a control IN a PictureBox, my controls are always at the same level.

Can you send me an example ?

Thanks for any help
Daniel
Daniel
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic