Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Suite Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

cannot deploy controls

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkirkhart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: cannot deploy controls
    Posted: 31 August 2010 at 11:59am
I'm building an app that requires a calendar control, and stumbled on CodeJock's ActiveX COM Suite Pro, which has a nice calendar control.  I was able to work the calendar control into my program just fine, but when I went to deploy it to another machine, after installation the app crashed.  No matter how many times I rerun the app (or the installer), it keeps crashing on this other machine.  I've tried creating a simple blank project (both vb.net and c#, .net 2.0 and 4.0) and publishing it, then installing on this problem machine, and it works just fine.  however, when I drop a single calendar control onto the empty form canvas and repeat the process, I have the same problem I did in my real application.  I think these controls have great promise, but if I can't deploy to my client machines, I'll have to keep looking

another interesting observation that I'm adding after the fact: if I remove the control from the form, but leave the references in the project, the app runs fine and the blank form pops up without crashing.  So the presence of the references to the controls don't seem to be a problem, only having the control on the page.  I've further tested with other Suite Pro controls, and have the same issue.

So, can anyone PLEASE offer me some guidance on what I should do next?  Here's specifics:
development machine
Win 7 x64, Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate

target machine
win xp x86, sp3 running in Virtual PC on the Win 7 box

as mentioned before, I've tried from scratch in both vb.net and c#, with .net versions 2.0 and 4.0.  correct .net frameworks have been properly installed.  when the Suite Pro controls are present, the app won't run.  when they are not present, the app runs just fine.

Thanks!
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2010 at 1:07pm
Do you embed the license information?  What is the error?
http://codejock.com/support/articles/com/general/g_3.asp
jkirkhart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jkirkhart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2010 at 2:27pm
Thanks for the quick reply, Mario!

Originally posted by SuperMario SuperMario wrote:

Do you embed the license information?  What is the error?
http://codejock.com/support/articles/com/general/g_3.asp

For what it's worth, I'm just running the evaluation version, I haven't bought the software yet.  I do not see a .lic file in the directory you mentioned.  I do see the .ocx files for all the controls, though.

did I miss something with my install of the trial software?  are there other things to look at?  is this not possible with my trial software?

Also, as far as errors go, I don't get anything very intuitive, it's just one of those Windows "application has crashed.  would you like to send an error report?"

best I can provide is the following I transcribed from the error:
Error signature---
EventType: clr20r3 P1: xtremesuiteprotest.exe P2: 1.0.0.0
P3: 4c7d48e9 P4: system.windows.form P5: 2.0.0.0 P6: 4889dee7
P7: 199c P8: 2 P9: pszqoadhx1u5zahbhohghldgiy4qixhx

thanks again!

Jason
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic