Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Property Grid
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Entering text into multiline item

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jposborne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Entering text into multiline item
    Posted: 19 August 2010 at 4:48am
Hi,

Ive created an item as follows:

Set Item = Category.AddChildItem(PropertyItemMultilineString, "Description")
    Item.Caption = "Description"
    Item.MultiLinesCount = 3
    Item.Tooltip = "Please enter a description for the item"
If I then click the drop down and type text into the drop down area, it does not update into the item.  I assume you have to trap an event and write it back in, but I can't see how this is done.  Since you can only enter carraige returns directly into the item you have to enter these in the drop down area, but then it doesn't update.  I assume I'm missing something obvious here.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Jon
jposborne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jposborne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2010 at 5:01am
Just noticed that if you press ctl+enter in the drop down area the text is written back to the item.  This seems a bit end user unfriendly.  I'm sure none of my end users would work this out unless I explictly stated it in the caption. 

There must be a easier way?
jposborne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jposborne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2010 at 12:16am
Codejock,

Can you please advise as to the best way to get the text back into the item wthout having to press function keys or key combinations?

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic