Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Syntax Edit
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How to do OleDragDrop?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to do OleDragDrop?

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message
sforces View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 13 May 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 71
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sforces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to do OleDragDrop?
    Posted: 29 July 2010 at 5:38pm
The OleDragDrop events don't appear to be exposed. I need to be able to drag text to the SyntaxEdit control. And when the mouse is over the control, I'd like to be able to have the caret move with my cursor so that I know exactly where I'll be dropping the text to in the control.

How can I do this?
Product: Xtreme Suite Pro (ActiveX) version 16.3.1

Platform: Windows XP SP3 (32bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6
Back to Top
davbrat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 30 September 2009
Location: California
Status: Offline
Points: 57
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davbrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 July 2010 at 1:19pm
I too need this...  badly!!!


Dave Bratovich
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 18.4.0 Platform: Windows XP SP2+ & Windows 7 (32bit & 64Bit)
Windows 8/8.1/10

Language: Clarion 5.0/5.5/6.3/7.3/8/9/9.1/10
Back to Top
sforces View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 13 May 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 71
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sforces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2010 at 1:48pm
No one's needed to do Drag & Drop with the SyntaxEdit control?

Originally posted by sforces sforces wrote:

The OleDragDrop events don't appear to be exposed. I need to be able to drag text to the SyntaxEdit control. And when the mouse is over the control, I'd like to be able to have the caret move with my cursor so that I know exactly where I'll be dropping the text to in the control.

How can I do this?
Product: Xtreme Suite Pro (ActiveX) version 16.3.1

Platform: Windows XP SP3 (32bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6
Back to Top
sforces View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 13 May 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 71
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sforces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 3:01pm
This is very disappointing and frustrating. I've opened a support ticket with Codejock in early July and to date have not received a response.

Is this what my subscription gets? I now have 4 issues opened since early July with only 1 that got a response.

Is anyone still at Codejock? This isn't a way to treat your customers.
Product: Xtreme Suite Pro (ActiveX) version 16.3.1

Platform: Windows XP SP3 (32bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6
Back to Top
flauzer View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 30 December 2003
Location: Italy
Status: Offline
Points: 108
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flauzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 9:38am
>> How can I do this?
 
+1
 
Back to Top
sforces View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 13 May 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 71
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sforces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 12:04pm
Sadly it's almost November and still no response on support for this. I hope that Codejock plans to resolve this in version 14.0 version that is supposed to be release in beta on Nov 8th.
Product: Xtreme Suite Pro (ActiveX) version 16.3.1

Platform: Windows XP SP3 (32bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6
Back to Top
flauzer View Drop Down
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 30 December 2003
Location: Italy
Status: Offline
Points: 108
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flauzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 12:16pm

Same problem: i want to manage SyntaxEdit control  and a "custom snippets manager" (it's a simple control on the same form..).

There's quite normal to select a portion of text and drag it into snippets manager.
Opposite operation: to drop a particular code snipped element from snippets manager within the SyntaxEdit control...
Boh...
 
Back to Top
sforces View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 13 May 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 71
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sforces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2010 at 10:29am
Codejock,

Will SyntaxEdit get some love finally in Suite version 15 that's promised for January after a LONG period of nothing for it?

  • Drag and Drop support. Issue #24980
  • Word Wrap support. This has been requested by a lot of people for many years in the forum. Issue #24884
  • Splitter support (your MFC demo shows it, but ActiveX version doesn't and all other SyntaxEdit controls I've used/played with support this). Issue #24883
  • Product: Xtreme Suite Pro (ActiveX) version 16.3.1

    Platform: Windows XP SP3 (32bit)

    Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6
    Back to Top
    davbrat View Drop Down
    Groupie
    Groupie
    Avatar

    Joined: 30 September 2009
    Location: California
    Status: Offline
    Points: 57
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davbrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2010 at 12:04pm
    I'm all in.
    +3
    Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 18.4.0 Platform: Windows XP SP2+ & Windows 7 (32bit & 64Bit)
    Windows 8/8.1/10

    Language: Clarion 5.0/5.5/6.3/7.3/8/9/9.1/10
    Back to Top
    jpbro View Drop Down
    Senior Member
    Senior Member
    Avatar

    Joined: 12 January 2007
    Status: Offline
    Points: 1336
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2010 at 4:09pm
    It would be nice to have built-in OleDragDrop events, but since the SyntaxEdit exposes an hWnd property, you can roll your own using Edanmo's OLELIB.tlb (you will need to download and register this typelib, it is available here).

    Once you have downloaded and registered the olelib.tlb, you can check out this sample:

    uploads/2676/OleDragDrop.zip

    Merry Christmas!
    Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.6
    Platform: Windows XP - SP3

    Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

    Back to Top
    sforces View Drop Down
    Groupie
    Groupie


    Joined: 13 May 2009
    Status: Offline
    Points: 71
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sforces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2010 at 12:18pm
    Oleg or someone from Codejock,

    Can you please respond on what we should expect!?

    Originally posted by sforces sforces wrote:

    Codejock,

    Will SyntaxEdit get some love finally in Suite version 15 that's promised for January after a LONG period of nothing for it?

  • Drag and Drop support. Issue #24980
  • Word Wrap support. This has been requested by a lot of people for many years in the forum. Issue #24884
  • Splitter support (your MFC demo shows it, but ActiveX version doesn't and all other SyntaxEdit controls I've used/played with support this). Issue #24883
  • Product: Xtreme Suite Pro (ActiveX) version 16.3.1

    Platform: Windows XP SP3 (32bit)

    Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6
    Back to Top
    sforces View Drop Down
    Groupie
    Groupie


    Joined: 13 May 2009
    Status: Offline
    Points: 71
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sforces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2011 at 9:08am
    Oleg / SuperMario,

    Any news on this? Will this ever be added?? Perhaps to 15.0.2 please?

    Originally posted by sforces sforces wrote:

    Oleg or someone from Codejock,

    Can you please respond on what we should expect!?

    Originally posted by sforces sforces wrote:

    Codejock,

    Will SyntaxEdit get some love finally in Suite version 15 that's promised for January after a LONG period of nothing for it?

  • Drag and Drop support. Issue #24980
  • Word Wrap support. This has been requested by a lot of people for many years in the forum. Issue #24884
  • Splitter support (your MFC demo shows it, but ActiveX version doesn't and all other SyntaxEdit controls I've used/played with support this). Issue #24883
  • Product: Xtreme Suite Pro (ActiveX) version 16.3.1

    Platform: Windows XP SP3 (32bit)

    Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6
    Back to Top
    sforces View Drop Down
    Groupie
    Groupie


    Joined: 13 May 2009
    Status: Offline
    Points: 71
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sforces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 9:19am
    Codejock / Oleg / SuperMario / anyone??

    Is there a plan to address these long outstanding issues? Will 15.0.3 finally add support for these items?

    Originally posted by sforces sforces wrote:

    Oleg / SuperMario,

    Any news on this? Will this ever be added?? Perhaps to 15.0.2 please?

    Originally posted by sforces sforces wrote:

    Oleg or someone from Codejock,

    Can you please respond on what we should expect!?

    Originally posted by sforces sforces wrote:

    Codejock,

    Will SyntaxEdit get some love finally in Suite version 15 that's promised for January after a LONG period of nothing for it?

  • Drag and Drop support. Issue #24980
  • Word Wrap support. This has been requested by a lot of people for many years in the forum. Issue #24884
  • Splitter support (your MFC demo shows it, but ActiveX version doesn't and all other SyntaxEdit controls I've used/played with support this). Issue #24883
  • Product: Xtreme Suite Pro (ActiveX) version 16.3.1

    Platform: Windows XP SP3 (32bit)

    Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6
    Back to Top
    Oleg View Drop Down
    Admin Group
    Admin Group
    Avatar

    Joined: 21 May 2003
    Location: United States
    Status: Offline
    Points: 11234
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 11:43am
    Hi,

    We will review Ole support for SyntaxEdit before 15.0.3.  Let you know in 24980 issue.
    Oleg, Support Team
    CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
    Back to Top
    sforces View Drop Down
    Groupie
    Groupie


    Joined: 13 May 2009
    Status: Offline
    Points: 71
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sforces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2011 at 9:21am
    Oleg,

    Thank you. This is finally some good news for this control. Is there an ETA on when 15.0.3 will be expected?

    But so does that mean that none of the following will ever be added?

  • Word Wrap support. This has been requested by a lot of people for many years in the forum. Issue #24884
  • Splitter support (your MFC demo shows it, but ActiveX version doesn't and all other SyntaxEdit controls I've used/played with support this). Issue #24883
  • Product: Xtreme Suite Pro (ActiveX) version 16.3.1

    Platform: Windows XP SP3 (32bit)

    Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6
    Back to Top
    sforces View Drop Down
    Groupie
    Groupie


    Joined: 13 May 2009
    Status: Offline
    Points: 71
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sforces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2011 at 4:59pm
    I'm very pleased to say that Oleg has addressed the Splitter (bottom left and top right) and OleDrag and OleDrop issues in a beta control I have tested. Clap I guess it will be part of 15.0.3?

    Again, Oleg thank you so much for addressing this. It has been a very long outstanding issue for me that prevented use of this control. ClapClapClap

    Only Word Wrap support request remains for me for this control. Can you comment on any plans for adding this please? Perhaps 15.0.4?

    Originally posted by sforces sforces wrote:

    Oleg,

    Thank you. This is finally some good news for this control. Is there an ETA on when 15.0.3 will be expected?

    But so does that mean that none of the following will ever be added?

  • Word Wrap support. This has been requested by a lot of people for many years in the forum. Issue #24884
  • Splitter support (your MFC demo shows it, but ActiveX version doesn't and all other SyntaxEdit controls I've used/played with support this). Issue #24883
  • Product: Xtreme Suite Pro (ActiveX) version 16.3.1

    Platform: Windows XP SP3 (32bit)

    Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6
    Back to Top
    Leopo View Drop Down
    Newbie
    Newbie
    Avatar

    Joined: 27 October 2011
    Status: Offline
    Points: 1
    Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leopo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2011 at 5:55am
    I have a function that uses the OLEDragDrop object. I can get the files a user drags and drops onto a form but is there a way to get the order that the files were selected? The files returned are sorted by modified date. I want to return the files by the order the user selected them. track a cell phone
    Back to Top
     Post Reply Post Reply
      Share Topic   

    Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down



    This page was generated in 0.125 seconds.