Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Throbber/Animated GIF transparency

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpcoffeyXXX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Throbber/Animated GIF transparency
    Posted: 15 June 2010 at 11:54am
A throbber is the rotating icon which shows that a browser is loading or doing some action. 

I have implemented a throbber by using animated GIF controls to show as a Codejock CommandBarCustomControl object on the menu.  The transarency of the GIF looks great, but the form I placed the animated GIF on is not transparent.  My effort to make the form holding the animated GIF control transparent has been met with futility.  Using SetLayeredWindowAttributes API calls to make the form transparent has resulted in the throbber being complete invisible on the form.  When I don't make the form transparent, the GIF shows fine but then the background color I assign to the form becomes impossible to predict.

I don't want to even put the animated GIF control on a form, but have to because none of the animated GIF controls I have found so far have a hwnd property.  Without a hwnd property, I can't use the control as a CommandBarCustomControl object.  Placing the animated GIF on a form allows me to use the form's hwnd as a handle that the CommandBarCustomControl object requires, but then I lose the transparency of the throbber because the color of the form is showing through.  A real headache. 

Has anybody come up with a decent solution for implementing a throbber using Codejock Commandbars?  I would be very grateful for some guidance as this has been driving me crazy.  Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

John Coffey

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic