Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

BUG with EnableGroup in VB6

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote checksandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BUG with EnableGroup in VB6
    Posted: 17 May 2010 at 9:11am

Hi folks,

I am trying the sample for VB6 under Samples\CommandBars\VB\MDISample (13.3.1), when I add code:

Workspace.EnableGroups

after 

Set Workspace = CommandBars.ShowTabWorkspace(True)

The new documents I create, does not function properly and neither does the Workspace tab work correctly.  When I check with C# sample, it works just fine. What may be the reason?

Thanks

Sandy

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 3:24pm
can you be more specific as to "not function properly"?
checksandy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote checksandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 3:49pm

The feature which I want to use in VB6 is described in your product preview http://codejock.com/products/commandbars/tour_60.asp?platform=com

I added the Enablegroup in MDIForm_Load event of sample provided in Samples\CommandBars\VB\MDISample

Private Sub MDIForm_Load()

Set Workspace = CommandBars.ShowTabWorkspace(True)

Workspace.EnableGroups

End Sub

The results and problems, which I get is given below

1. Title Bar starts appearing when I click File->New
2. On Selection of Document 1 Tab, the complete Tab Control vanish
JantjeKeizer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JantjeKeizer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 4:16pm
Yeah, not doing what it should be doing
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 9:46am
Just set child form's BorderStyle = 0 - None and WindowState = 0 - Normal
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2010 at 4:11pm
So it works for you now?
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote checksandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 3:19am
Yeah! It works just fine.

Though the trick is to call the LoadDoc after all the initialization such as Skins etc.

Thanks a lot for the tip SuperMario
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote checksandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 3:55am
I think there is a problem in my understanding and I noticed another problem with the popup that appears.
Lets say there are 3 Documents loaded initially.
When Document 2 is dragged, the Popup menu is displayed with Option: New Horizontal Tab group, New Vertical Tab Group and Cancel.
I create a Horizontal Tab group for Document 2
------
Now when I drag, Document 3, Option displayed are: New Horizontal Tab group, Move to Next Tab Group & Cancel
Actually I wanted a Vertical Tab group to be created for Document 3 which is not possible unless I bring all the documents together in Tabs, and start with New Vertical Tab Group. So, the result is, either I have all Horizontal Tab group or All vertical group.

I am not sure, whether I have to do anything programatically. Till now, I have not done anything in the Code for the popup

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 2:11pm
you can't mix them..all horizontal or all vertical....maybe you want docking panes instead
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote checksandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 1:16am

So we can have either Hor/Ver Tab Groups. Already I am using Docking panes for some other view parts.

When I see your sample application MDITabWindow I notice that I can make a window Dockable/Non Dockable from menu option. How do I achieve that for the forms. Do I have to create panes and do that or some flags need to be set?

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote checksandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 6:31am

I am still waiting for some solution to create tabbed workspace as shown in http://www.codejock.com/download/win64/MDITabWindow64.zip with docking features in VB6.. Please help me out

Thanks
Sandy
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2010 at 12:52pm
That sample uses docking panes, it simply removes the document from tab workspace and puts it in a docking pane.  
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote checksandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 2:40am
It would be a great help if you could provide with code snippets
Thanks
Sandy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic