Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Restrict Docking Location

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasonpa123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Restrict Docking Location
    Posted: 06 May 2010 at 3:58pm
Hi All,

I am new to Codejock and have a  request from management to allow for docking panes to be floatable, but to only allow them to dock back to their original location.  This seems fairly simple, but I have thus far been unable to figuer it out.  I am using VB 6.0

Thanks

Jason
Jason
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2010 at 4:06am
Hi,

"Fairly simple" aren't the right words for this issue  I tried to get this working but I failed so it looks like we are going to need the help of CJ to get this working. 

You are able to dock the floating pane (double clicking) back to it's original position (if you didn't set .Options = paneNoDockable) so somewhere these positions are stored. If drag&drop functionality is needed you can't set .Options = paneNoDockable otherwise the pane can't be moved (and dropped) and without it, user is able to drag&drop panes everywhere they like  Would like a property that allows us to drop the pane only on it's original position... CJ ? Is this an option ? You are closer to the source than we simple ActiveX users

Thanks a lot in advance.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic