FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Selecting partial text

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
acwest View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Selecting partial text
    Posted: 23 April 2010 at 3:30pm
I took a look at the samples, and as I had suspected, FocusSubItems only allows you to select individual columns within the row, not characters. If I make the item editable, the user can select it normally, but then also modify it. Is there a way to limit what actions the user is allowed to do while editing? (Ideally,  I want them to be able to Copy only, nothing else)
-Craig
acwest View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2010 at 1:09pm
I don't think that lets me select arbitrary text within the control, though. I want the users to be able to select any text they wish, just be clicking and dragging, but so far I haven't figured out how to get that effect.
-Craig
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2010 at 11:47am
There is a focus sub items option...should be shown in of the samples.
acwest View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2010 at 11:41am
Is there a way to allow the user to select text within an item, instead of selecting the entire row?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic