Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Chart Pro Beta 3 Evaluation Available (8/31/2010)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedChart Pro Beta 3 Evaluation Available (8/31/2010)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2010 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by cpede cpede wrote:

• We are concerned that the Chart Pro is not fast and cannot handle millions of data points.
  • We only see financial plots, and not scientific surfaces, contours etc.

The problem here is GDI+. It is at least 10 times slower than GDI. With GDI+ real time charting or lots of data points is not possible. Oleg / CJ can't do any magic to make GDI+ faster. That's why I would like to see a GDI backend for Win95 to WinXP and a Direct2D backend for Vista/Win7.

Codejock support
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2010 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by oleg oleg wrote:

Hi,

Andre, thanks for notes, but if you really want to help and not flood this topic, please open issue where we can discuss details. These red lines only show me that you only run samples without checking what really Chart can do.

Thanks for help.

Hi Oleg,

I'll post my feature request here and try to describe them as best as possible.

1) A GDI backend. (High Priority)
GDI+ is too slow for real time charting and for lots of data points. I think the line chart is the most performance critical chart type, so the GDI backend should support the line chart at first.

2) A Direct2D backend for Vista/Win7. (Low Priority)
From the samples I've seen is Direct2D as fast/faster than GDI while the graphics are better than GDI+.

3) Virtual data series. (High Priority)
- It must be possible to derive an own class from CXTPChartSeriesPointCollection.
- GetAt() should be virtual.
- GetAt() should be allowed to return the same pointer for every call, just the values of the data point will be updated.
-- GetAt(1) returns CXTPChartSeriesPoint* 0x12345678
-- GetAt(2) returns CXTPChartSeriesPoint* 0x12345678

4) I need a marker which can be dragged from data point to data point. (High Priority)
- Should be possible to define the color, width and maybe the cursor.
- It must also be possible to set the cursor position from code.

5) Scrolling. Thousands of data points can not be displayed on a single page. (High Priority)

- It must be possible to set the page width.
-  Also for vertical multiple diagrams there should either be one scrollbar for each chart, or only a single scrollbar for all diagrams. In my case all diagrams have the same time axis, so I only want a single scrollbar at the bottom. I think the best way to implement this is to have a scrollbar for each diagram and a method GetScrollbar().SetVisible().
- It must be possible to set the current scrolling position from code

6) Dragging data points. (Low Priority)
In Excel 2003 single data points can be selected and dragged to a new value.
- There should be a method AllowSelect(BOOL)
- There should be a method AllowEdit(BOOL)
- There should be a message like XTP_CHART_VALUE_CHANGED

7) Selection / Multi-selection of data points. (Low Priority, but easily to implement)
Similar to the dragging above it should be possible to select/highlight multiple data points. If I select a range of cells in the grid I want to select the same datapoints in the chart.

8) A 3D surface chart type (Low Priority)

Codejock support
aryasoft2872 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aryasoft2872 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2010 at 5:32am
what is new in 14.0.3??
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2010 at 3:50am
In the appearance XML files is a spelling error: Diagam2D
Codejock support
dentor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dentor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2010 at 2:14am
When using ChartPieSerie Style, it would be great to be able to get Percent values in label format.
Perhaps with {P} format ?
Big smile

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 13.0.0
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 3
Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP 6
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic