Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Chart Pro Beta 3 Evaluation Available (8/31/2010)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedChart Pro Beta 3 Evaluation Available (8/31/2010)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chart Pro Beta 3 Evaluation Available (8/31/2010)
    Posted: 30 March 2010 at 4:25pm
Hello All,

Chart Pro Beta Evaluation is Now Available, you can find it here: http://codejock.com/downloads/

tobi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2010 at 4:48pm
Will the charts component be part of the MFC/ActiveX suites or a seperate product ?
jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2010 at 4:49pm
Hallelujah! Thanks SuperMario, Oleg and everyone else responsible 
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.6
Platform: Windows XP - SP3

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

adrien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2010 at 5:38pm
Fantastic!

thanks for your hard work guys!

Now everyone can stop pestering these good people about when it will be out :)
jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2010 at 6:03pm
So far, I like what I see, but I have a few questions:

1. Can you set colours individually for series?
  2. Can you turn off the gradient for pie slices?
  3. Are Nature, Black and Gray the only "appearances"
  4. Can we show Legend text in the label? For example, instead of just showing 5 million for the population and 1950 in the legend, can we show:

5 million

in the label?
  5. Can we print the chart? Especially, can we draw it to an arbitrary DC to fill an arbitrary RECT? This is critical for me, since I need to be able to export my charts to PDF.
  6. Can we change the font for individual Title objects?
  7. Can we set the Margin (esp. bottom margin) for the Title objects?
  8. When resizing the control, sometimes the labels overlap the legend, titles, or extend past the edge of the visible area. Should the chart area not shrink to ensure that everything is visible?
  9. Can we dynamically change point values? I tried the SetValue method of the ChartSeriesPoint object, but it didn't work.
  10. What are the ArgumentValue, ArgumentValueString and InternalArgumentValue properties?

Some requests for future development:
  1. Can we have Mouse* events and HitTest method?
  2. Can we have hyperlinks?
  3. Can we have Markup Labels
Thanks again for all of your hard work!

markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2010 at 10:27pm
Congratulations CodeJock team, and well done! So far things are looking good.

Big question I have right now is how to print a chart. Is this coming in a future beta release, or is it possible now and just not seeing it?

Also, any plans to allow export of chart to image format (bmp, jpg, png, etc.)?
markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2010 at 11:09pm
Is it possible to create a vertically oriented bar chart that is capable of scrolling?
scottp View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2010 at 12:01am
The new charts look nice

a few requests:
  • dynamic values - changing values, inserting/removing data points etc
  • mouse interaction (to enable dragging data points, like a point on the spline)
  • polar projection plots
If this is already possible some samples showing of these features would be really nice
zaksoft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zaksoft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2010 at 1:33am
I agree with scottp: look nice .

But:
- Without printing support is useless (who wants just to see a chart ?)
- Export ( png - jpeg ) is mandatory. Not just a wnd capture since files can be printed later at higher resolution
- 3D bars ( Horz - Vert ) and (generally) 3D with viewpoint are standard for all chart package (donuts is the only 3D I've seen in samples)
- Realtime charting with scrolling and rewiding can be added in future, but data update (as someone wrote) is a common problem

A roadmap ( other betas, release date and future feature - ) and product policy (separate product or included in toolkit pro) can help us.

As a standalone chart package cannot compete (with current set of styles and feature) with the majority of existing product-
The plus is graphic integration, source code availability (I think - as for all your tools), support-

There is a lot of work to do, your plan on future developement can effect my choice.

Again: look nice.

VS2008 SP1 - VS2010 SP1 - VS2012 - MFC MBCS Statically linked
XTP 15.3.1 Static Link
---------------------------------------------------------
Davide Zaccanti - ZakSoft - www.zaksoft.com
adrien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2010 at 2:57am
What I'm most interested in is when I can buy it and use it in a commercial product.

I don't have a need for a vast number of flashy graph and chart types, just a few basic ones, but my requirements are

a) that they look good
b) source code
c) dynamic (ability to change and re-render)
d) ability to render to my own DC (for export to PDF, GIF, printing etc).
e) that they look good
f) that they look good

About a year ago I did a fairly extensive review of all the libraries I could find. We're talking about MFC here remember guys? Sure there are several great .Net libraries but...

Of all the C++ or MFC-compatible ones I found, they all either looked horrible (ugly charts with GDI only), or were IMHO poorly designed bloated and buggy. Usually both.

So we shouldn't underestimate the appeal of a simple, clean, good-looking chart. Even just the demos look a lot better than any other MFC chart library I found. It's good to have people with an eye for detail and aesthetics working at CodeJock.

So, I'm very happy with the beta. Every new product has to start somewhere. I think the current set of charts is very usable for a lot of people, and I hope that it's commercially a success for CJ and that it earns continued development.

Cheers

Adrien
jimmy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2010 at 3:35am
Hi,

since some years we use
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/miscctrl/High-speedCharting.aspx
And it is very fast.
ChartPro with 3D are realy slow (while resize).
Most of my wishes are allready listen here.

But, for first version it look great.

Jimmy

ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2010 at 4:01am
Pie 3D Chart and Doughnut crashes in G400ICD.DLL (Matrox G400) with an access violation.

Codejock support
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2010 at 4:04am
Who had the idea to use the prefix CCJ* (i.e. CCJChartSeriesPoint) for the classes?

Not making the chart control part of the XTP was a poor decision.

Codejock support
Fabian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2010 at 4:14am
I agree with jbpro. It looks hot but I need this additions:

Drawing it to an arbitrary DC to fill an arbitrary RECT or at least exporting as BMP? This is critical for me too, since I need to be able to export my charts to PDF and put several chart onto one report.

What's about 'Missing values' I should have some sort of AddMissingValue(). That's important for line- and Bezier graphs.

Mouse events and HitTest method

And very important: It should be possible to colorize each element (bar, bubble) in a series e.g. if you have a given color for each product group or employees you wisch to show the same color in the diagram. Probably it is possible but I found no way to do that.

Thanks, keep good working.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.3

Platform: Windows 7 (32bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 / SP6
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2010 at 4:17am
Originally posted by jpbro jpbro wrote:

Originally posted by scottp scottp wrote:

• mouse interaction (to enable dragging data points, like a point on the spline)
  • polar projection plots

I second that. No use of the Chart control for me without those features

I need virtual data series where a callback method returns the values for the data points. Otherwise the chart can not be used for real time data.
Could you please add a sample with random real time data.

Codejock support
adrien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2010 at 4:21am
I see also there are 2 different rendering engines in there.

One thing to keep in mind. OpenGL won't run on Terminal Services / remote desktop. GDI+ will.

This is because OpenGL support is dependent on video driver and hardware support.

So I'm not going to be using any OpenGL-based chart types, since many customers run our software over TS
Marco1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marco1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2010 at 5:26am
Wow! Very impressive! I like the your designed look!

I know, it's just beta, but a hint about the features/intentions would be really helpful:

- The roadmap! (First release date, production stable)
- List of chart types (where are the 3D bars?)
- Pricing (or included in TKPro?)
- Printing (own DC rendering, pdf-generation)

And btw, I agree with Adrien: Standard GDI+ is often more helpful than OpenGL, but nice idea to provide both.

Keep going! Marco

znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2010 at 12:00pm
Bye bye BCGsoft!
PokerMemento - http://www.pokermemento.com/
ampcom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ampcom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2010 at 3:42pm
Fantastic - looks great

Agree with the comments, need a print / export option.

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.1
Platform: Windows 7 (64 Bit) Ultimate
Language: Visual Basic 6.0
Tomasz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomasz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2010 at 5:51pm
Looks nice but I would need to know if it will be possible for the user to trim down the feature set to make it much smaller and remove all opengl dependencies.
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by tobi tobi wrote:

Will the charts component be part of the MFC/ActiveX suites or a separate product?

The charts will be sold separately, they will eventually become part of a separate suite of dashboard products.
Kirk Stowell, President and CEO
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS<
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 2:44pm

So far, I like what I see, but I have a few questions:Can you set colours individually for series?
  1. Can you turn off the gradient for pie slices?
  2. Are Nature, Black and Gray the only "appearances"
  3. Can we show Legend text in the label? For example, instead of just showing 5 million for the population and 1950 in the legend, can we show:

5 million

in the label?
  4. Can we print the chart? Especially, can we draw it to an arbitrary DC to fill an arbitrary RECT? This is critical for me, since I need to be able to export my charts to PDF.
  5. Can we change the font for individual Title objects?
  6. Can we set the Margin (esp. bottom margin) for the Title objects?
  7. When resizing the control, sometimes the labels overlap the legend, titles, or extend past the edge of the visible area. Should the chart area not shrink to ensure that everything is visible?
  8. Can we dynamically change point values? I tried the SetValue method of the ChartSeriesPoint object, but it didn't work.
  9. What are the ArgumentValue, ArgumentValueString and InternalArgumentValue properties?

Some requests for future development:
Thanks again for all of your hard work!

Hi, thanks for your questions, here are some answers for you:
  1. Currently not in this release, however in future releases you will be able to design and load user defined Palettes.
  2. Currently not in this release.
  3. Yes, we will be adding more in future releases.
  4. We are planning on adding this in future releases.
  5. No, but that is next on our list.
  6. No, but we will add it.
  7. No, but we will add it.
  8. We are aware of this and it will be fixed in the next release.
  9. Yes, it is possible.  SetValue will do something different based on the type of point that was added.
    The first param in SetValue is an array of 4 values, 0,1,2,3.
    For most standard charts like Pie, point, bar and spline only the first index 0 is used.
    Pie,Spline,Bar,etc: 0-value of point
    For advanced charts like financial and bubble more of the values are use.
    Financial: 0-low, 1-high, 2-open, 3-close
    Bubble: 0-value(can be thought of as x coordinate), 1-value (can be thought of as y coordinate), 2-area\width

example
    ChartControl.Content.Series(0).Points(1).SetValue 0, 20
  10. ArgumentValue is the value passed into the point when it is added.  For coordinate based
    charts this is the x value.  This value is treated differently based of the current ArgumentScaleType.
    If set to cjChartScaleQualitative then the value is treated as text.
    ArgumentValueString is a "string" equivalent to the ArgumentValue.
    InternalArgumentValue is the double value corresponding to the string argument of the point.
About your feature requests:
  1. Yes, we can add this.
  2. Yes, we can add this.
  3. Yes, we can add this.
Regards,
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by markr markr wrote:

Congratulations CodeJock team, and well done! So far things are looking good.

Big question I have right now is how to print a chart. Is this coming in a future beta release, or is it possible now and just not seeing it?

Also, any plans to allow export of chart to image format (bmp, jpg, png, etc.)?

Yes adding support for printing and saving the chart as bmp, jpg, png will be added with the next release.
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 2:47pm

Is it possible to create a vertically oriented bar chart that is capable of scrolling?

No not with this version, but we have added it to our TODO list.
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by scottp scottp wrote:

The new charts look nice

a few requests:
  • polar projection plots
If this is already possible some samples showing of these features would be really nice

This is not available with the current version, however these are great ideas and we will add them to our TODO list, thanks!
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by zaksoft zaksoft wrote:

I agree with scottp: look nice .

But:
- Without printing support is useless (who wants just to see a chart ?)
- Export ( png - jpeg ) is mandatory. Not just a wnd capture since files can be printed later at higher resolution
- 3D bars ( Horz - Vert ) and (generally) 3D with viewpoint are standard for all chart package (donuts is the only 3D I've seen in samples)
- Realtime charting with scrolling and rewiding can be added in future, but data update (as someone wrote) is a common problem

A roadmap ( other betas, release date and future feature - ) and product policy (separate product or included in toolkit pro) can help us.

As a standalone chart package cannot compete (with current set of styles and feature) with the majority of existing product-
The plus is graphic integration, source code availability (I think - as for all your tools), support-

There is a lot of work to do, your plan on future developement can effect my choice.

Again: look nice.

Hi, thanks for the feedback.  We are planning on adding all of the features you mention. Additionally, this is a preliminary release we are planning on making the Chart a complete fully functional professional package that includes support for most chart types by the years end including 3D ones you mention.
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by jimmy jimmy wrote:

Hi,

since some years we use
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/miscctrl/High-speedCharting.aspx
And it is very fast.
ChartPro with 3D are realy slow (while resize).
Most of my wishes are allready listen here.

But, for first version it look great.

Jimmy

Thanks Jimmy.  We are aware of the speed issues and plan to have those addressed with the next release.
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by ABuenger ABuenger wrote:

Pie 3D Chart and Doughnut crashes in G400ICD.DLL (Matrox G400) with an access violation.

Can you provide steps to reproduce this?  Need Windows and Visual Studio version also, thanks!
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 3:10pm

Who had the idea to use the prefix CCJ* (i.e. CCJChartSeriesPoint) for the classes?

Actually the CCJ prefix makes perfect sense since it is not part of the Toolkit Pro and is a separate package.  CCJ = Codejock and XTP = Xtreme Toolkit Pro.  We decided on CCJ be cause the chart will eventually become part of a larger suite of dashboard controls.
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 3:17pm

I need virtual data series where a callback method returns the values for the data points. Otherwise the chart can not be used for real time data. Could you please add a sample with random real time data.

Thanks for your comments, we will add this also.  Please remember this is a preliminary, beta release.
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Fabian Fabian wrote:

Drawing it to an arbitrary DC to fill an arbitrary RECT or at least exporting as BMP? This is critical for me too, since I need to be able to export my charts to PDF and put several chart onto one report.

What's about 'Missing values' I should have some sort of AddMissingValue(). That's important for line- and Bezier graphs.

And very important: It should be possible to colorize each element (bar, bubble) in a series e.g. if you have a given color for each product group or employees you wisch to show the same color in the diagram. Probably it is possible but I found no way to do that.

1. We will add
2. AddMissingValue - Do you have more details on what this is?
3. We will add
4. About the only way to do this right now is to organize your data in the same order that the pallete assigns colors.
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by adrien adrien wrote:

I see also there are 2 different rendering engines in there.

One thing to keep in mind. OpenGL won't run on Terminal Services / remote desktop. GDI+ will.

This is because OpenGL support is dependent on video driver and hardware support.

So I'm not going to be using any OpenGL-based chart types, since many customers run our software over TS

Good point, we will address this before the final version is released.  We agree that a basic GDI version is needed as well as GDI+ and OpenGL.
ampcom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ampcom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 3:22pm
Hi,

I am now confused about who gets this tool.

Version 14.0 was renamed 13.3 to allow time for Chart Pro package to be released with 14.0 re-scheduled for end of April.

Response above to tobi states the charts will be sold separately - can CodeJock confirm as to if those with Suite Pro will have this included in their subscription?

Tony

kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Marco1 Marco1 wrote:

Wow! Very impressive! I like the your designed look!

I know, it's just beta, but a hint about the features/intentions would be really helpful:

- The roadmap! (First release date, production stable)
- List of chart types (where are the 3D bars?)
- Pricing (or included in TKPro?)
- Printing (own DC rendering, pdf-generation)

And btw, I agree with Adrien: Standard GDI+ is often more helpful than OpenGL, but nice idea to provide both.

Keep going! Marco

We will put together a more detailed roadmap soon.  The roadmap will include all of the features we are planing on incorporating.  By the next beta release we should have something more detailed.
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Tomasz Tomasz wrote:

Looks nice but I would need to know if it will be possible for the user to trim down the feature set to make it much smaller and remove all opengl dependencies.

Thanks for the suggestion.  We are planning on added support for non OpenGL rendering with future releases.
markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 3:27pm
Excellent responses. Very encouraging!  :-)
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by ampcom ampcom wrote:

Hi,

I am now confused about who gets this tool.

Version 14.0 was renamed 13.3 to allow time for Chart Pro package to be released with 14.0 re-scheduled for end of April.

Response above to tobi states the charts will be sold separately - can CodeJock confirm as to if those with Suite Pro will have this included in their subscription?

Tony

Sorry for the confusion, the Chart Pro package will be a separate library and will not be packaged with Toolkit Pro or Suite Pro.  The Suite / Toolkit version was renamed to allow more time to address other issues and add more functionality as stated in the previous post.  We will be offering deep discounts to all current Suite and Toolkit subscription holders when the product is finally released.
mgampi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgampi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2010 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by SuperMario SuperMario wrote:

1. We will add
3. We will add
4. About the only way to do this right now is to organize your data in the same order that the pallete assigns colors.

Missin Value: Something like database NULL values to have leaks in data series (e.g. no data available)

Martin

Product: Xtreme Toolkit v 19.0.0, new Projects v 19.1.0
Platform: Windows 10 v 1909 (64bit)
Language: VC++ 2017
jimmy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2010 at 3:36am
Hello,

Why there is a plan to add OpenGL and not DirectX.
I think DirectX is on more PC available.
I understand that there is a plan to add DirectX to XTP (Markup,...)
And i hope, that there are not 2 solution (CJChart = OpenGL, Markup = DirectX).

Jimmy

Fabian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2010 at 3:53am

1. We will add
3. We will add

4. I think I was not very clear. Look at your multiple series bar chart sample. e.g. the series NY, California, Florida, Texas have predefined colors given by your palletes. But I need the color RGB(234,243,0) for Texas. So what I need is a color property for series like:

Set Series = ChartControl.Content.Series.Add("Texas")
Series.Color=RGB(234,243,0)

that overrides the automatic color.

Hope that would be possible in the final release

jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2010 at 10:36am
Thanks a lot for the responses, they are very encouraging.

If at all possible, please make sure that the ability to draw to any hDc in a arbitrary rect is available for the first real release - I won't be able to use the control without it (and judging by other comments, this is an important requirement for many of us!).

Thanks a lot.

ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2010 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by Support Support wrote:

Actually the CCJ prefix makes perfect sense since it is not part of the Toolkit Pro and is a separate package.  CCJ = Codejock and XTP = Xtreme Toolkit Pro.  We decided on CCJ be cause the chart will eventually become part of a larger suite of dashboard controls.

Hi Kirk,

I understand that this makes sense from the current marketing point of view, but technically it doesn't make sense. I would prefer one common prefix. What happens if the chart control becomes a part of the XTP later? Then we have CXT, CXTP and CCJ prefixes in the toolkit. You already make the same "mistake" with the CXT and CXTP prefix.

Also everybody is asking for markup support. We already have markup support in the XTP. Do you really want to duplicate everything like you already did with many files? (There are copies of XTP files in the chart package)

Here is a solution:

Offer a XTP "Premium" bundle with the XTP + chart.

Xtreme Toolkit Pro
CXTPRibbon
CXTPMarkup

Xtreme Toolkit Premium +$100
CXTPRibbon
CXTPMarkup
CXTPChart

Xtreme Chart

CXTPMarkup
CXTPChart

This solution is much much better than the current attempt of an individual product.
- Same class prefixes
- No duplication of code
- Existing users can upgrade to "premium" toolkit
- Chart component as a subset of the premium toolkit
- Only 1 license
- Only 1 product to build

Please seriously consider this solution, it is not to late.

Andre

Codejock support
mgampi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgampi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 10:39am
Hi;

Using XP SP3, VC++ .NET 2003 the samples do not execute. I've compiled them in UNICODE and ANSI with no difference...
First I get a license dialog but then nothing happens.

What's wrong?????

Martin

ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 11:23am
Originally posted by mgampi mgampi wrote:

First I get a license dialog but then nothing happens. What's wrong?????

You have to click on "Yes"
Just kidding

Codejock support
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 3:26pm

Using XP SP3, VC++ .NET 2003 the samples do not execute. I've compiled them in UNICODE and ANSI with no difference...
First I get a license dialog but then nothing happens.

Make sure you have the latest service pack for Visual Studio 2003 installed, I checked our build machine and we have SP1 installed for 2003.  You can get it here http://tinyurl.com/hvfr9.

mgampi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgampi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 4:09pm
Hi;

I found the reason: I've installed UltraMon (http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon). This prevents the samples from executing correctly. I don't know how, but after disabling the software, it worked.

Martin

mgampi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgampi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2010 at 4:25pm
Hi;

Our requirements that we're missing in the current beta are:

* Printing support to an arbitrary DC
* Export to different bitmap formats (especially JPG and SVG)
* Real time charting with fast data in/out (virtual (on demand) data via callbacks) and scrolling
* Inter-Line coloring to indicate excesses but also coloring between data layers and fixed marker lines  for line and splines chart types
* Multiple x- and y-axis support
* User defined symbols

Martin

Tomasz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomasz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 7:23am

Hi;I found the reason: I've installed UltraMon (<cite>http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon). This prevents the samples from executing correctly. I don't know how, but after disabling the software, it worked.</cite><cite></cite>

That's probably because of OpenGL dependency.
markr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote markr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 10:28am
> We will put together a more detailed roadmap soon.... By the next beta release we should have something more detailed.

Kirk, do you have a sense of when the next beta might be available?

My vote would be to keep additional v1.0 features to a minimum (printing, export, etc.) and leave the rest for v1.x and beyond. That would allow those of us with an immediate need to license the product ASAP and begin using it.

Also, would it be possible to eliminate the pop-up warning that appears in the beta package? There are already watermarks on all of the charting images, along with the fact that the trial is set to expire. Removing the pop-up would make early integration efforts much less painful.
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 11:52am

Kirk, do you have a sense of when the next beta might be available?

My vote would be to keep additional v1.0 features to a minimum (printing, export, etc.) and leave the rest for v1.x and beyond. That would allow those of us with an immediate need to license the product ASAP and begin using it.

Also, would it be possible to eliminate the pop-up warning that appears in the beta package? There are already watermarks on all of the charting images, along with the fact that the trial is set to expire. Removing the pop-up would make early integration efforts much less painful.

Probably not for some time yet, looks like first of May possibly.  We are going to concentrate on core functionality first then move to remaining requests.  We want to get as much feedback on this first release as possible before we release the next Beta.
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Support Support wrote:

[...]
Probably not for some time yet, looks like first of May possibly.  We are going to concentrate on core functionality first then move to remaining requests.  We want to get as much feedback on this first release as possible before we release the next Beta.

Hi Kirk,

It's wonderfull to have charting functionality and the DEMO looks great but it's time concentrate on the issues, especially the ReportControl !!! I'm beginning to get nervous. I need the droparrows so bad but I'm too afraid to upgrade with new version with problems I didn't discover (yet)

Thanks

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2

Zero replies is not an option....
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by Aaron<font size=2> Aaron wrote:

It's wonderful to have charting functionality and the DEMO looks great but it's time concentrate on the issues, especially the ReportControl !!! I'm beginning to get nervous. I need the droparrows so bad but I'm too afraid to upgrade with new version with problems I didn't discover (yet)

We are working on core "Toolkit / Suite" functionality as well, we are working in parallel.
Algae View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Algae Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 2:55pm
So "major" release 14.0 essentially contains no new components other than the TrackControl enhancement for the report control and compatibility with VS2010.

I must say that's a bit of a disappointment considering the preliminary reports on charting being sluggish (like the poor forgotten stepchild syntax editor). I'll probably just roll my own charting library
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2010 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Algae Algae wrote:

So "major" release 14.0 essentially contains no new components other than the TrackControl enhancement for the report control and compatibility with VS2010.

No, not at all, as mentioned in a previous post we are planning on adding several new features to Toolkit / Suite 14.0 including full theme support for Office 2010 and Visual Studio 2010 user interfaces. We are also looking to update Application Wizards and introduce some new components as well. This post we are mainly discussing the Chart beta and not Toolkit / Suite, read the title.

Originally posted by Algae Algae wrote:

I must say that's a bit of a disappointment considering the preliminary reports on charting being sluggish

This is first release, of course it is not perfect, these issues will be addressed with the next beta.
FRANCO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FRANCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2010 at 7:02am
I would like to suggest very essential features that need to be added as soon as possible.
1) Mouse events and HitTest
2) hyperlinks
3) Markup Labels
4) Printing
5) Export as Jpeg, Png, Bmp
6) More 3D charts particular Bars 3D that are missing
7) Dynamic changes of single values

Your chartcontrol is very nice, but without these features it cannot be really useful for real world software applications

Currently I testing the beta version and I didn't found any problem using any of available charts using Visual DataFlex. I create one VDF wrapper class and reproduced all your samples everything worked well. Just only missing above features

regards
Franco
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2010 at 8:43am
The Beta will expire soon, when will we see a new Beta?

Codejock support
ampcom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ampcom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2010 at 3:43pm
Any news from CJ on the beta? - mine has now expired
kstowell View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kstowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2010 at 1:28pm
We are should have the next beta ready by the end of this week, Friday or Saturday.
FRANCO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FRANCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2010 at 11:28am
thanks, can you anticipate what's new on next beta?

Regards
Franco
FRANCO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FRANCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 4:20am
any news? I didn't found new beta last week end
Fabian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2010 at 7:41am
Where from can we download the newest beta of Chart Pro?

Thanks

ampcom View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ampcom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 4:20am
Hi,

Can support provide a progress update for new beta?

Thanks

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 4:04pm
New beta is available: http://codejock.com/downloads/

1New featureAdded ChartContent.SaveAsImage to save the chart to an Image file (bmp/png/jpg/gif)
2New featureAdded ChartContent.PrintToDC to print the chart
3New featureAdded ChartContent.EnableMarkup so Markup strings can be used in titles and labels
4New featureColor property added for Styles and Points
5New featureAdded ChartSeriesPointCollection.DeleteAt and ChartSeriesCollection.DeleteAt to remove a specific Point or Series
6New featureAdded ChartControl.MouseMove, MouseDown and MouseUp events
7New featureAdded ChartControl.HitTest method and ChartElement Object (can hold any type of chart element, point, etc...)
8Fixing sourceImproved drawing speed of 3D charts
9Fixing sourceImproved label drawing logic
10New featureAdded Margins for Pie style
11New featureAdded Pie Series Labels
12New featureAdded Font property for each series type

zaksoft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zaksoft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 2:03am
With second beta you promise both price list and roadmap (dashboard, 3d bar, other features) for both realease and next release.

One question about ChartBuilder: once chart is saved as XML how can be loaded on init of a control ?

XTP 15.3.1 Static Link
jimmy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 3:45am
Hello,

3d type are very slow.
see http://www.codeproject.com/KB/graphics/julijanpiechart.aspx.
this is very fast.

Jimmy
Mar2008 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mar2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 12:23pm
SetExplodedDistancePercent on the 3D Pie style is not working when I called it in the Dialog Sample...
Fabian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2010 at 1:54am
Hi CJ

Also it is nearly perfect (at least for me) I have the 2 following wishes:

1) Copy method so a bitmap can be copied to the clipboard
2) .Icon property of styles (=ImageManager-Icon ID) <--- only nice to have, not really important

And 3) please release it soon...

Thanks a lot
Fabian

ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2010 at 3:36pm
I noticed that the mouse cursor speed is much slower if the Chart window is active. If I active an other window and move the cursor (also over the chart window) everything is normal.

And I have to agree, the chart is currently way too slow.

Codejock support
ObiWab View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ObiWab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2010 at 8:43am
Very nice.

For me everything is good. (Just 3D Chart slow)

So i never show chart, save in file and load in picture. (with Stretch mode)
-No slow when resize
-Possible load picture in clipboard

When i can buy, i need really this object.

Thanks,
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2010 at 4:05am

New beta is available: http://codejock.com/downloads/

1New featureAdded ChartContent.SaveAsImage to save the chart to an Image file (bmp/png/jpg/gif)
2New featureAdded ChartContent.PrintToDC to print the chart
3New featureAdded ChartContent.EnableMarkup so Markup strings can be used in titles and labels
4New featureColor property added for Styles and Points
5New featureAdded ChartSeriesPointCollection.DeleteAt and ChartSeriesCollection.DeleteAt to remove a specific Point or Series
6New featureAdded ChartControl.MouseMove, MouseDown and MouseUp events
7New featureAdded ChartControl.HitTest method and ChartElement Object (can hold any type of chart element, point, etc...)
8Fixing sourceImproved drawing speed of 3D charts
9Fixing sourceImproved label drawing logic
10New featureAdded Margins for Pie style
11New featureAdded Pie Series Labels
12New featureAdded Font property for each series type

a) When will a new Beta be released?
b) When will we be able to purchase the Upgrade so that we can get a Beta with source to start developing

Codejock support
Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2010 at 4:43am

Thanks a lot for the responses, they are very encouraging.

If at all possible, please make sure that the ability to draw to any hDc in a arbitrary rect is available for the first real release - I won't be able to use the control without it (and judging by other comments, this is an important requirement for many of us!).

Thanks a lot.

Hi,

Is this feature implemented? If not please do before final release

Thanks

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2

Zero replies is not an option....
jimmy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2010 at 6:46am
Hi CJ,

also a very fast & cool 3D pie chart control
http://www.codeproject.com/KB/GDI-plus/simplepiechartimproved.aspx

Jimmy
zaksoft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zaksoft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2010 at 11:03am
Originally posted by oleg oleg wrote:

Hi,
Please use this Extender utility to set Expired date to September 1.

After 8 weeks (monday) form Beta 2 we'd rather expect a new beta without nag screen...
XTP 15.3.1 Static Link
Simon HB9DRV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon HB9DRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2010 at 8:50am
Please: a roadmap and a gallery!
Simon HB9DRV
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2010 at 5:24pm
***New beta is NOW available tomorrow***

Preview of the new Chart Beta (now includes new flow graph control). There are many new chart types and features. See the new Chart Browser sample. Below are some of the new things you will find.

Step Chart

Range Chart

Rotated Bar Charts

Stacked Bars

Stacked Area

Custom Markers

Multiple Diagrams in View

As an added bonus, the new flow graph control is also included:

Fabian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2010 at 12:50am
Hi SuperMario

That looks really great! Very promising!!!

Fabian

zaksoft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zaksoft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2010 at 12:54am
price ?
XTP 15.3.1 Static Link
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2010 at 5:35am
Well, that looks all nice and dandy on screenshots with only a few data points. But what about all the requested features?

- I don't see scrolling on the screenshots.
- And what about real time charting?
- How much have you improved the performance?
- GDI backend?
- Can I drag datapoints like in Excel?
- Support for dragable time markers?
- Are multiple plots only possible horizontally or also vertically?

Codejock support
Fabian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2010 at 6:07am
Hi ABuenger

I think that is a charting component primary intended for business plots, not real time data visualization (IMO). So scroll bars, highest speed, interactive charts and so on are secondary (for me). I hope for a first release soon. More features can be added as time goes by...

Fabian

ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2010 at 6:49am

I think that is a charting component primary intended for business plots, not real time data visualization (IMO).

That's fine for VB line of business apps. But C++/MFC customers have other needs.

Codejock support
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2010 at 12:40pm
Chart Pro Beta 3 is now available here: http://codejock.com/downloads/
jimmy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2010 at 1:04pm
Hi,

Bug:
1) ChartBrowser: while resizeing the window, the labels group box is flickering

2) Draw trouble in ChartBrowser: Resize window small than chart title.
    Make window bigger than chart title. ohh, the chart title isn't drawing correct

3) Get Quote in Stock Sample does not work. Proxy server ??

Goods
1) Speed (for 3D) is well

2) Flowgraph look like very well.

Jimmy

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2010 at 1:21pm
#2, which chart are you viewing to replicate this?

In this version you can click any 3D chart and change the perspective.
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2010 at 1:49pm
To answer my own questions:

- I don't see scrolling on the screenshots. Not supported
- And what about real time charting? Not supported
- How much have you improved the performance? Charts are still slow (GDI+ backend)
- GDI backend? Not supported
- Can I drag datapoints like in Excel? Not supported
- Support for dragable time markers? Not supported
- Are multiple plots only possible horizontally or also vertically? Supported

Is a 3D surface chart planned?

I'm looking forward to these features being implemented and the performance problem solved.

Codejock support
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2010 at 4:01pm

I noticed that the mouse cursor speed is much slower if the Chart window is active. If I activate an other window and move the cursor (also over the chart window) everything is normal.

This hasn't been solved with Beta 3.

Codejock support
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2010 at 4:05pm
Resizing the Performance Test dialog of the Flow Graph sample does not work.

The GDI performance of the Flow Graph is good.
GDI+ performance is poor on several graphic cards I tried it.

Codejock support
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2010 at 3:39am
Hi,

Andre, thanks for notes, but if you really want to help and not flood this topic, please open issue where we can discuss details. These red lines only show me that you only run samples without checking what really Chart can do.

Thanks for help.

To answer my own questions:

- I don't see scrolling on the screenshots. Not supported- And what about real time charting? Not supported - How much have you improved the performance? Charts are still slow (GDI+ backend)- GDI backend? Not supported- Can I drag datapoints like in Excel? Not supported- Support for dragable time markers? Not supported- Are multiple plots only possible horizontally or also vertically? Supported
Is a 3D surface chart planned?I'm looking forward to these features being implemented and the performance problem solved.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
jimmy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2010 at 4:50am
Hello,

#2 in all chart there is this drawing bug.
  it's the title over the group box

Jimmy
zaksoft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zaksoft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2010 at 5:17am

Hi, Andre, thanks for notes, but if you really want to help and not flood this topic, please open issue where we can discuss details. These red lines only show me that you only run samples without checking what really Chart can do.

I agree with Oleg, beta needs people working (better in real project) and not playing around with demos. But I have to admit that yesterday I've downloaded at home beta 3 just to see what's inside.. I've rebuild 3 demos and launched builder: all in 30 minutes.

So let me point out some issues:

1) As long as I do not know at what price I can use the library I do not install in my dev machine

2) I want to see version 14.0 before testing Chart, if CJ have spent all this time (6 months) for this new package instead of working in main toolkit lib I'm not interested anymore

3) I've not tested speed (and really is not a key point for me, I need to implement small chart for dashboard), appearance looks good, function are poor compared to other commercial libraries (again, it depends on price - at present I think they cannot ask more then 150-200$)

4) We do not have a roadmap of what we can expect (other schema, chart types) and when. I'm afraid that end of october as date limit is more realistic (sse expiration date) then announced end of september

5) Again, I cannot work on real project as long as nag screens are present, tell us the price and let us update, source are mandatory both to well understand how charts work and to give better support in finding bugs.

In two weeks (as reported by Kirk in post close and edited) we can see version 14.0 beta, I hope that we can also switch to new toolkit level to get an update of both beta with source. Until then I've decided to wait...

Thank you
XTP 15.3.1 Static Link
Fabian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2010 at 9:27am

The PrintToDC method still draws labels an titles much too small (as reported 3 month ago!). Please fix before releasing.

Fabian

ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2010 at 4:22pm
How can I align vertical multi diagrams?
Codejock support
CJTest44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJTest44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2010 at 4:11am
Hello,

I give a try to codejock chart control library because I am searching for one which is MFC compliant...
Your's looks very nice but we find several problems using it...
you could see one of them here

Take the sample demo progam, just modify a value (let's imagine that for one city we've got the population in 2006 and not in 2008). Two problems, 2006 is after 2008 and 2006 should be at the 2006 position between 2000 and 2008 isn't it ? And the space between 2000 and 2008 should not be the same as the space between 1900 and 1950.

Is there any solution for this point ?

Regards

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2010 at 7:51am
Originally posted by CJTest44 CJTest44 wrote:

Two problems, 2006 is after 2008 and 2006 should be at the 2006 position between 2000 and 2008 isn't it ? And the space between 2000 and 2008 should not be the same as the space between 1900 and 1950.Is there any solution for this point ?Regards

Hi,

You need change ArgumentScaleType for series.
     pSeries->SetArgumentScaleType(xtpChartScaleDateTime);
Oleg, Support Team
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2010 at 7:54am

The PrintToDC method still draws labels an titles much too small (as reported 3 month ago!). Please fix before releasing.

Fabian

Hi,

Can't find this post, please open new ticket for details.
Oleg, Support Team
Fabian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2010 at 9:40am
Please see issue #24661 !!!

Thanks
Fabian

Fabian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2010 at 2:48am
I miss ChartContent.Print, ChartContent.PrintPreview... like in ChartBuilder

Fabian

CJTest44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJTest44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2010 at 5:25am

Hi,

You need change ArgumentScaleType for series.
     pSeries->SetArgumentScaleType(xtpChartScaleDateTime);

Hello,

Thank's for you answer. But I could not succeed. Here is the bad result I have got :

Maybe that's because I dot not find how to construct a CXTPChartSeriesPoint with a datetime in first param (x axis) ?
Could you give me another trick ?

Regards

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 6:44am
You can create point as
pPoint = pPoints->Add(new CXTPChartSeriesPoint(_T("1/1/1900"), 7268));

But agree that xtpChartScaleDateTime is not finished yet. We need allow set custom format for labels.
Oleg, Support Team
CJTest44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJTest44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 11:10am
Hello,

Thank you for your answer.  Now this goes well for "date drawing" and it's really great for our needs.

Here is another small detail I want to expose to you...
NB :
- It's more a feature request than a really bug. But it could be considered as both, and you are in beta testing to get feedback isn't it ?

Here we are, if a near value change is set in spline mode, the curve looks sometimes not really as like real life could let think...

Regards

cpede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2010 at 6:24am
Well unfortunately I have to agree with some of the concerns in this thread.
I find the Chart Pro good looking and probably fine for financial and business applications.
However the reason for us to stay developing in C++/MFC is because we need speed and performance in our software.
Handling lots of data also in real time etc. for scientific applications.
  • We are concerned that this development take away focus on the Toolkit as well.
  • We are concerned that the Chart Pro is not fast and cannot handle millions of data points.
  • We only see financial plots, and not scientific surfaces, contours etc.
  • We need control, drawing to DC etc.

-cpede
Product: Xtreme ToolkitPro (20.3.0)
Platform: Windows 10 (x64)
Language: Visual Studio 2017 (C++)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic