Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > MarkupLabel Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MarkupLabel as a container

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MarkupLabel as a container
    Posted: 06 March 2010 at 4:33pm
It would be very useful if the MarkupLabel was a Container control (like a PictureBox, Frame, etc..). This would allow us to put other ActiveX controls inside and easily position them relative to markup elements. If the ActiveX control size would overflow the visible area of the MarkupLabel then the ActiveX controls would be automatically clipped. This could open up some nice doors while we wait for native Markup edit controls.

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.6
Platform: Windows XP - SP3

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2010 at 12:14pm
Currently testing the new MarkupWindowContainer object! So far so good, and many many thanks to Oleg for working on this feature!

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2010 at 4:14pm
Hi Jason,

Does this mean I think it means  Position images and resizing will scale/reposition the images? YES ?!?!....

Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.0.2
Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 2
Language: Visual Basic 6.0

Zero replies is not an option....
jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2010 at 4:19pm
I'm not sure if this feature would help with that - I still think we need to be able to get the actual Left, Top, Right/Width and Bottom/Left position of each object (relative to the MarkupLabel viewport) in order to easily accomplish this...I'm pretty busy until the end of this week, but I will see if I can get it working again.

Jason

davbrat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davbrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2010 at 2:14pm
Can it be placed inside a DockingPane and does it handle resizing within the pane correctly? 

Thanks,

Dave
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 18.4.0 Platform: Windows XP SP2+ & Windows 7 (32bit & 64Bit)
Windows 8/8.1/10

Language: Clarion 5.0/5.5/6.3/7.3/8/9/9.1/10
jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2010 at 9:40pm
Hi Aaron - I just realized why you thought this might work for the images problem - I posted my BETA note to the wrong thread :(

I meant to post it here.

jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2010 at 9:41pm
davbrat - Sorry, I'm not sure, I don't use the docking pane. Maybe someone else has tried it? Or if you give it a try, can you post the results back here?

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2010 at 5:07am
Hi,

Jason: What do you mean by your previous reply?

@davbrat: You can always put Markup control inside a picturebox (This is what I ALWAYS do with all controls because of "sometimes it doesn't work problem") and use picturebox resize event to resize Markup control and it works OK

davbrat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davbrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2010 at 12:57pm
Hello guys,

@Aaron
Same controls... different language.

Unfortunately the Clarion Image control does not work the same way as the VB picture control. I can't stuff the Markup object into it.
The other CJ controls(except the Browser control) seem to "re-size" in a docking pane okay, while the Markup stays in a fixed size and location and draws on top of the Docking pane area beneath it.

@Aaron & Jason:
I've been toying with Markup objects and I get valid handles but I never see anything on the screen, I don't see a "refresh" or "display" method any ideas on what I'm missing or do you have a simple <TextBlock> example you could post?    

Thanks,

Dave
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 18.4.0 Platform: Windows XP SP2+ & Windows 7 (32bit & 64Bit)
Windows 8/8.1/10

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2010 at 1:18pm
Hi,

Copied one of (working) MarkUp string from ReportControl subforum:

<TextBlock>[CodeToolBox] <Run Foreground='Red'> Newsletter</Run> (10 May 2004)</TextBlock>

should display:           [CodeToolBox] Newsletter (10 May 2004)

About dockingpanes: As I said before, sometimes you can't just attach 'hwnd' of a control to a pane and that's why I always use a picturebox. Does Clarion have somekind of container where you can put a control into? In VB we have a PictureBox and GroupBox, maybe Clarion has same kind of controls...

davbrat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davbrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2010 at 3:39pm

Hi Aaron,

Clarion does have a Group Control and a Region Control, I have tried using both without success. I have been able to use a Clarion Windowed Procedure where you pass the Handle of the Window to the docking pane and it does allow the Markuplabel to re-size within the pane but the drawback is that the SyntaxEditor inside another docking pane generates a GPF when you click within the control about 60% of the time. I'm still working on it.<VBG>

As for the <TextBlock> sample. Thanks, but I have the MarkupLabel working properly using the caption="XAML code"  property.

?MarkupLabel{'Caption'} = '<Page xmlns='http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation' !snipped XAML string... goes on and on...
I've been using it in Popups/ToolTips and standard Markup Labels for a while without any problems.

What I can't get to work in Clarion is the MarkUp Objects...

Sample...
  Context_ = ?CJMARKUPLABEL{'MarkupContext'}                                            
  TextBlock1_ = ?CJMARKUPLABEL{ Context_ & '.CreateObject("TextBlock")'}
  ?CJMARKUPLABEL{TextBlock1_ & '.Text'} = 'Test NUMBER 1'

Displays nothing

Thanks,

Dave

BTW, how do you insert a image in your reply message?
The UI seems a bit weird in the "Insert Image" button/form and nothing ever shows up in the preview.

Windows 8/8.1/10

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2010 at 5:27am
Hi Dave,

This is most simple sample

Dim Context As MarkupContext
Dim TextBlock1 As MarkupTextBlock
Set Context = MarkupLabel1.MarkupContext
Set TextBlock1 = Context.CreateObject("TextBlock")
    TextBlock1.Text = "Test"
Set MarkupLabel1.MarkupUIElement = TextBlock1

Aaron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aaron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2010 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by davbrat davbrat wrote:

Hi Aaron,

[...]
BTW, how do you insert a image in your reply message?
The UI seems a bit weird in the "Insert Image" button/form and nothing ever shows up in the preview.

Hi Dave,

What do you mean?

davbrat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davbrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 July 2010 at 7:54pm

I wanted to include a screen shot inside my reply and no matter what I tried to do when clicking the "Insert Image" button no pictures were added/embedded to my reply.

BTW, your sample/snippet did the trick... I did not have the MarkupUIElement line formatted correctly (Clarion Syntax) and now I'm trying to get the StackPanel objects to work.

Thanks,

Dave 
Windows 8/8.1/10

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic