Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > MarkupLabel Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MarkupObjects - More Ways To Measure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MarkupObjects - More Ways To Measure
    Posted: 06 March 2010 at 6:11pm
RelativeToParentLeft, RelativeToParentTop, RelativeToControlLeft, RelativeToControlTop, ActualWidth and ActualHeight properties for all markup objects is required (there may be better names for these properties, but I just used the most descriptive names I could think of).

Krog - please correct me if I am wrong about my assumptions (below) on these properties:

RelativeToParent* would return the number of pixels away from the parent MarkupObject the current object is. Essentially the sum of Parent Paddings and ObjectMargins.

RelativeToControl* would return the number of pixels away from the MarkupLabel control boundary. For example, calling MarkupStackPanel.RelativeToControlLeft would return the number of pixels between the leftmost point of the StackPanel and the left edge of the control (negatives allowed!)

Actual*- The actual width of the object in pixels (because stretching can dynamically set the dimensions of the object). This one is very important IMHO, so we can do things like dynamically resize the control to fit content.
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.6
Platform: Windows XP - SP3

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic