Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHELP!! ReportControl 13.2x

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveStraley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP!! ReportControl 13.2x
    Posted: 05 March 2010 at 9:14pm
Hi Everyone,

Here's my situation.   I have an application that is being run on XP all the way up to Windows 7.  These range from 32bit to 64bit and I've compiled everything for 32bit only.   For a majority of users there isn't a problem; however, recently 2 users are having issues.   Through the try and true MESSAGEBOX on every other line, I've narrowed it down to a call that uses the ReportControl class.   In these 2 users case, it just bombed and there was no error message.

Now more details.

User 1 - Vista Home Basic on laptop.  SP patches up to date.   Program crashed and user upgraded to Vista Home Premium and wham... it works.

User 2 - Windows 7 Premium and it, too, is all up to date.  Program chased at the same location.
User 2 - Went to XP and it crashed at the same location.

However, I have Windows 7 Home Basic, XP SP3, XP 64 (at work) and 2 MAC machines and each and every one of these (and some 50 other users out there) not having an issue.

So, does ANYONE have an idea you could suggest on what to look for and/or what to try?

I'm in a pickle and don't want to upgrade just in the hope that this one issue will go away (and no new ones be introduced).

Thanks in advance,

Steve
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic