Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Skin Framework
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CComboBox not skinned with ApplyWindow()

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alistair.m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CComboBox not skinned with ApplyWindow()
    Posted: 18 February 2010 at 12:17pm
Hi, how do you get combo box drop down scroll bars and line highlights to skin when using SetAutoApplyNewWindows(FALSE) ?

I'm using the SetAutoApplyNewWindows(FALSE) option to skin individual views and dialogs which is working so far, but generally any CComboBox controls fail to skin when dropped down. i.e. the combos edit box and arrow are skinned but the list and scroll bar dropped down after pressing the arrow do not get skinned.
This does not happen (i.e. it works) if you skin the complete application in one go by passing TRUE to the SetAuto... function.

I've reproduced this in the SkinMDISample app by adding XTPSkinManager()->SetAutoApplyNewWindows(FALSE) to CMainFrame::OnShemaChanged() and XTPSkinManager()->ApplyWindow(this->GetSafeHwnd()) to the CSkinPropertyPageThemes::OnInitDialog, along with adding a combo and populating it with shed loads of entries. On changing to any of the skins, the combo drop down fails to get updated. I can upload the project if needed.

Is there a simple call I'm missing to get this working?

Thanks.

Product: Xtreme ToolkitPro (MFC) version 18.6
Platform: Windows 10 (64 bit)
Language: Visual Studio 2019
alistair.m View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alistair.m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2010 at 5:08am
Apparently there is a fix for this in 14 (Beta). I'll try it as soon as I can.
Product: Xtreme ToolkitPro (MFC) version 18.6
Platform: Windows 10 (64 bit)
Language: Visual Studio 2019
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic