Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dialog in pane, handling Alt+F, etc.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberSky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dialog in pane, handling Alt+F, etc.
    Posted: 15 February 2010 at 5:08am
I just started using the Xtreme Toolkit Pro (latest version 13.2.1, using VS2008 on Windows 7 64-bit) a week ago and am having a tough time replacing dialog bars with docking panes containing dialog resources. (Control messages aren't automatically sent to my program's view, etc. There are many differences and more to do than I had imagined.)

I just discovered that when any of my docking panes have focus, pressing Alt+F doesn't open the File menu, etc.

I checked the Active Pane View sample program and found the same thing there. If you click on the Options or Properties pane and they then have focus, you can press Alt+F to open the File menu. But, if you click on the Dialog pane and it has focus, Alt+F doesn't work.

Can anybody offer a hint about what I need to do to make things work as they did with dialog bars? I noticed another sample uses a splitter with a form view and am thinking maybe I need to forget about the docking panes and use that approach instead.

Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2010 at 7:51am
Hi,

Most easy way is to add such virtual method.

BOOL CPaneDialog::PreTranslateMessage(MSG* pMsg)
{
 // Don't call CDialog::PreTranslateMessage to prevent eating keys.
 return CWnd::PreTranslateMessage(pMsg);
}
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
CyberSky View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberSky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2010 at 1:02pm

Thank you! This reminded me that I could just grab the code from MFC's CControlBar::PreTranslateMessage() and adapt it for use in the classes for my docking panes. Works great now!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic