Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Suite Pro
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ReportControl Prevent Indv Column Removal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ReportControl Prevent Indv Column Removal
    Posted: 30 December 2004 at 11:29am

ReportControl has the property 'AllowColumnRemove' which prevents any column from being removed from the report.  I want to allow certain columns to be removed but still prevent a few important columns from ever being removed.

Can this be done?  If now, would it be possible to add a 'Removable' property to the ReportColumn class that would allow individual control over the columns (i.e. like how a ReportControl can have 'AllowEdit' set to 'True' but you can set the ReportColumn.Editable property to false to prevent editing)?

Thanks!

SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2004 at 2:42pm
Why not set AllowDrag = False?  Sorry if this is not in current release, I can't remember.  However, this works fine.
Boyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2004 at 3:16pm

If you set 'AllowDrag' to False, you can't re-order the columns.  I want to user to be able to change the order of the columns but not remove it from the header completely.

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2005 at 10:29am
Just an update.  The Column::AllowRemove property was added in 9.60.
Boyd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2005 at 12:07pm

Thanks for the update.  This wasn't in the release notes, so I wouldn't have caught it.

Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2005 at 12:09pm
In version 9.60.1 the release note will be updated.  Please look at them again as allot was added to them since 9.60.  Look at both 9.60 and 9.60.1 sections.  (Will be released very soon)

Edited by SuperMario
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic