Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Controls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Transparancy of Custom Controls

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fergie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transparancy of Custom Controls
    Posted: 19 January 2010 at 9:29am

Hello, I'm currently evaluating your controls.

Using the tab control and setting its property to use office 2007 style if I place controls directly onto the form all is correct with reference to its background transparency but if I create a custom control and set the control container to transparent the control placed within the custom control does not show transparent.

Hope this makes sense, is there a way to make the controls transparent?

Example below shows the issue, the second control is within a user/custom control.

Regards
David

shipwreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 7:35am
Hello fergie.

The controls included in the suite except for the label control will display the form's backcolor whenever you set it to transparent. But there is a workaround for this. You can use the tab control page without the actual tab control itself and this makes it similar to a regular picturebox or groupbox. All CJ controls will actually be correctly transparent as long as they are inside that tab control page. Then you can use the picture property to display the custom background of your choice. And no, you don't have to have the tab control set to office 2007 appearance for this to work.

Hope that helps friend. :]
Product: Xtreme Suite Pro (Active-X), Version 15.3.1

Platform: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64Bit) & Windows XP Mode SP3 (32Bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6
fergie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fergie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 9:03am
I think you've misunderstood the question

The example above is using a tab control page within a tab control.

The control on the left is a CodeJock CheckBox Control, The control on the right is a Codejock CheckBox control but the one on the right is contained within a UserControl. for some reason as soon as you place a control in a user control and place that on the tab control page the check box is no longer transparant.

The reason i want to place CodeJock control within a UserControl is so i can create some ther properties against them, things like a locked property etc.

Hope that Helps.

Codejock is there something i should be doing?

shipwreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 11:54am
Yeah, I see what you're saying now. Honestly I prefer to use the controls as they are.

But, here's an idea for you. Since we both know that the CJ controls are transparent like we intend them to be then I'd say you could add the tab control page to the user control (remembering you can change the BG of the TCP to whatever you like) and place the checkbox inside of it and then add the user control to your form.

Let me know if that helps any.

fergie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fergie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 11:56am
Tried That, still no go!!!!
shipwreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2010 at 12:44pm
Okay. The only other thing I know to do is have no caption for the checkbox, and size it to the exact size of the checkbox itself, and use a separate label that supports transparency normally. Other then that this is about the only workaround I can think of right offhand.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic