Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Command Bars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to support multiple themes?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to support multiple themes?
    Posted: 29 December 2009 at 2:39am
Hello folks, heres a question for you.

Currently, I'm working on a web browser that has all the office 2007 styles along with the sorce code to alter the styles any way the user prefers.
Basically, The users will be able to create their own skin/theme to use with the browser. Similar to Maxthon or Mozilla Firefox.

So, what I would like to do is possibly have a list that would display all the themes within the "themes" folder and when a user clicks or double-clicks the item in the list, it would then load the skin that was selected from the list.

I'm not sure if the above description is clear enough so I'll attach some screenshots.

Opera's Skin Selector:

Maxthon Skin Selector:

Firefox Theme Selector:

AOL Explorer Theme Selector:

I hope this might clarify things a little better.
Product: Xtreme Suite Pro (Active-X), Version 15.3.1

Platform: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64Bit) & Windows XP Mode SP3 (32Bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6
mitcheljh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitcheljh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2009 at 7:45am
I do something like this in my app. The user is able to change both the skin and the theme. The number of themes available are set, but the available skins are dynamic. There is a 'Skins' folder in the main app folder, which is parsed for all skins. I use the boost Regex library along with the boost filesystem library to find and enumerate the skins in this directory, but there's many other ways to do this.

Here's a screen shot for the user selection...
The property grid works nicely for me, and I just populate the skin combo and Theme combo when the user launches the user options dialog. While populating the skins, I create a map which also assigns all skin colors for a particular skin to that skin. So, when the user changes the skin in the combo, I populate the Skin Color combo appropriately.

Feel free to email me for any details for parsing the skins/skin colors.

shipwreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2009 at 8:03am
Alright then. Well, I'll send you an email with further discussion.

Remember folks, if you have an idea also, I'd love to hear it. I need as much assistance as possible!

shipwreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2009 at 8:06am
Okay, well, I just looked for an email but it says you have it as private. So I suppose I'll go ahead and post the information here as well.
Your screenshot is wonderful. Very great design. But, it is a tad more complex than what I'm looking for but if it works then it will do the job.
If your willing to show me how or give me a good idea on this I would really appreciate it.

mitcheljh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mitcheljh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2009 at 8:36am
Sorry about that.
I just changed my profile, so my email address is visible.
I also sent you an email via your profile.
shipwreck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shipwreck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2009 at 9:56am
Okay then. :]
I replied to that email with the updated information.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic