Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Grid Control

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kjetil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grid Control
    Posted: 01 December 2009 at 3:29am
I miss a grid control from CJ.
I really love all the controls, but I could really use a grid control. Currently I'm using the Report control for my grid purpose, but the entire row
selection is confusing for our users. I have used both Ultimate Grid Control and MFC GridCtrl from codeproject in different parts of our gui, but the themes don't match the rest of out gui (since we're using Xtreme Toolkit Pro 13.2.1 for all our visuals).

So my question is: Are there any plans for making a grid control? Or could the report control be configured in a grid like mode (with single cell selection, and other behaviour to expect from a grid control).

I've read some earlier posts, and it seems to me that quite a lot of the CJ customers would like a grid control.

Regards,
Kjetil. 

Using Xtreme Tookit Pro v 13.2.1
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2009 at 6:19am
You got my vote
jamesjfh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesjfh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2010 at 3:07pm
Another vote for CodeJock to release a grid control.
mgampi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgampi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2010 at 4:12pm
Me too!!!!!!
Martin

Product: Xtreme Toolkit v 19.0.0, new Projects v 19.1.0
Platform: Windows 10 v 1909 (64bit)
Language: VC++ 2017
adrien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adrien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2010 at 8:15pm
+1
jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2010 at 10:32pm
Me too!
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.6
Platform: Windows XP - SP3

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 SP6

Krog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Krog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2010 at 11:03pm
I would like one too.

But the priorities are the new markup features and the chart control
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 15.2.1
Platform: Windows XP SP2
Language: Visual Basic 6 SP6
ReyesRP View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReyesRP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2010 at 3:05pm
Only if it inherits from the current ReportControl or is a separate class. Please don't bloat up the exising one!

The thing I like about the current one is that you can inherit from it and from the ReportRecord / ReportItem classes and make it do whatever you want. I have all kinds of classes inheriting from the ReportControl and ReportItem classes that make up a library of reusable ReportControl components specific to my app that save a ton of developer time when we need to create new UI. I don't need things like Gantt chart or formulas functionality mucking up the simple base ReportControl.

Depending on what you are doing, one solution to row selection is to just make the first column a check box... That's what I do most of the time. YMMV...
ReyesRP View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReyesRP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2010 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by Kjetil Kjetil wrote:

Or could the report control be configured in a grid like mode (with single cell selection, and other behaviour to expect from a grid control).

Yes it can do single cell selection and other grid like things (eg. edit box cells, combo box cells, etc). Read the docs and the samples. That's how I learned it.
ABuenger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABuenger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2010 at 3:42am
Waiting for a grid control from Codejock since 5 years

Codejock support
VDF1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VDF1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2010 at 12:17pm
Data Access's product Visual DataFlex 2010 (currently in Alpha phase) uses CodeJock's report control as Grid, database aware, selection list or normal plain grid. Take a look at www.visualdataflex.com
Kind Regards,
Vincent Oorsprong
Data Access Europe B.V.
Lansinkesweg 4
7553 AE Hengelo
Netherlands
+31-74-2555609
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic