Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Docking Pane
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - how can i manipulate a docking pane with menu item
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

how can i manipulate a docking pane with menu item

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rienzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how can i manipulate a docking pane with menu item
    Posted: 22 November 2009 at 9:58pm

I want to link a menu item to a docking pane.

I imitated the sample named GUI_VisualStudio_vc80. I defined the CXTPDockingPaneManager member variable and added an dialog to it successfully. Then I wanna manipulate the opening and closing of the docking pane with menu item. I added a new menu item with the same ID, IDR_PANE1 to my main menu resource. But the menu item do not work. It is just unfocused when the App starts.

I wonder how to link the docking pane to a menu item please.
tell me, big master please...
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2009 at 5:23am
So you need add handler for IDR_PANE1  command.
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
rienzi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rienzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2009 at 3:11am
i find that the sample GUI_VisualStudio_vc80 does not add handler for menu command. The menu item just has the same ID, for example IDR_PANE1, to the linked docking pane. But it still works right. I have searched. There is definitely no menu command handler in any of the classes in the sample's project.  I wonder why.

now i have added handler to my menu item and successfully linked the docking panes to menu items respectively. So the question above is not necessary to answer.
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2009 at 4:56am
Hi,

It has "range" command to handle all Panes:

ON_COMMAND_RANGE(ID_VIEW_SOLUTIONEXPLORER, ID_VIEW_TOOLBOX, OnShowView)
Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
rienzi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rienzi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2009 at 1:49am

ho, i see

i'm sorry and thanks a lot, big master
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic