Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CXTPReportControl problems with many columns

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fredrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CXTPReportControl problems with many columns
    Posted: 04 November 2009 at 6:21pm
I am testing the report control with a few thousand columns in virtual mode and noticed a few problems:

1) If you drag the horizontal thumb to the right the scrolling will snap back to first column when you pass column 700 or so. (Using GetScrollInfo for the cases SB_THUMBTRACK SB_THUMBPOSITION in CXTPReportControl::OnHScroll2 instead of nPos solves the problem.)

2) In virtual mode: If you pass pos == NULL in a call to GetNextSelectedRow(pos) it will return a pointer to m_pVirtualRow instead of NULL - did not expect that...

3) If you have a few thousand columns and your mouse happen to pass over some of the column headers the application will become unresponsive for some time (5-10 seconds).

Actually, what I want is an EXCEL like spreadsheet and perhaps CXTPReportControl is not designed for that - if this is the case, does anyone have a suggestion for an alternative control?

Using v. 13.2.1

By the way, isn't there a missing 'l' in the name GetFulColScrollInfo() ;-)?

mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 8:05pm

Excel spec: Rows <= 64K, Columns <= 256

Fredrik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fredrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by mdoubson mdoubson wrote:

Excel spec: Rows <= 64K, Columns <= 256

Not sure if this was an answer or general information but I don't see any value in your post?

For your information, Excel 2007 supports 16384 columns and over a million rows.
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2009 at 1:27pm
It was general info based on Excel2003 and prev versions
Fredrik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fredrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2010 at 3:48pm
By the way, will the scrolling bug/etc be fixed in next version of the Toolkit?

When is next version expected?
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2010 at 3:52pm
Fredrik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fredrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2010 at 4:06pm
Thanks for the quick reply. Is there a MFC version I can test instead of the active x control?
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2010 at 4:10pm
Sure - https://forum.codejock.com/uploads/DemoVersion/ReportControlMFCUpdated.rar but you need to comment line

#include "XTPReportRecordTrackMod.h"

and body of BOOL CXTPReportControl::ExecuteSnapAction(int nTimeMarker, BOOL bLeft)
and BOOL CXTPReportControl::ExecuteSnap2Clip(BOOL bLeft) - leave only return FALSE in the end.
Fredrik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fredrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 8:26am
Thanks Mark,

I tested creating a spreadsheet with 10 000 columns and 100 rows.

My report control no longer "hangs" when moving the mouse over the column headers, but is still rather slow when scrolling and selecting rows. Selecting a row when you have scrolled to the far right of the spreadsheet takes a few seconds on my computer.

Horizontal scrolling still doesn't work. I changed XTPReportControl.cpp, line 4820:

nCurPos = nPos;

to

SCROLLINFO si;
   ZeroMemory(&si, sizeof(SCROLLINFO));
   si.cbSize = sizeof(SCROLLINFO);
   si.fMask = SIF_TRACKPOS;

if (!GetScrollInfo(SB_HORZ, &si))
      return;
   nCurPos = si.nTrackPos;

to make it work for me.

By the way, if you lock/freeze the first column and use the xtpReportFreezeColsDividerShade style it doesn't look really nice if you select a row and scroll horizontally:

Fredrik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fredrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2010 at 5:06am
Hi,

I also tested Toolkit Pro 14.0 Beta and noticed that it was not possible to scroll pass column 600 in a spreadsheet.

Are there no plans to fix it? Of course I can fix it my own sources but I rather not do that after each update.

Windows 10, Visual Studio 20157, Toolkit Pro 18.3.0
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic