Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Apps won't run, missing ToolkitPro1113vc80D.dll
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Apps won't run, missing ToolkitPro1113vc80D.dll

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albertb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Apps won't run, missing ToolkitPro1113vc80D.dll
    Posted: 30 October 2009 at 8:11am
Hi.  Still new to most aspects of Toolkit Pro, (and with not a vast amount of MFC developer experience either).  Hoping you can point me in the right direction with this issue.  The work I'm doing is of a conventional nature, not something out on the edge, and this problem is repeatable on my problem machine with a range of apps written by myself and others.  When I talk about "running" the apps I mean in VisStudio under debug of course.

I'm having to work temporarily on a company laptop.  I have transferred everuthing I need to develop my current work which builds and runs fine on my main machine.  I have XtremeToolkitPro installed on the laptop seemingly without issue.  On the laptop my apps will find and link to the XTP DLLs and build without a problem, but when I come to create an instance and run them I get a message box saying that "This application has failed to start because ToolkitPro1113vc80D.dll was not found." and advising reinstallation.

The DLL is right where it should be, in the Toolkit Pro Bin folder, I can see the darned thing.  Visual Studio can find it to link to during the build.  It just isn't seen when I run up.  So I tried to register it with Windows.  Using regsvr32 reports that the file "was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found."  Am I barking up the wrong tree with this line?

If anyone can point me at why this is happening with code I know is not a problem on many other machines, and with the issues only showing when I try to run up a new instance, I would be very grateful.
Xtreme Toolkit Pro 2007
Win 32
Visual C++
Albertb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Albertb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2009 at 8:24am
Could this be to do with entries in the system variables?  Should XTP have its own variable or be included in the PATH variable?
Xtreme Toolkit Pro 2007
Win 32
Visual C++
Smucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2009 at 10:58pm
The toolkit build folder is not where it needs to be for you to run.

Copy the DLL to your project's build target folder so it can be found by the application without looking on PATH. For release builds, you'll need the one without the 'D' at the end.

You'll also need to install the DLL along with your app on customers' machines.

Another way is to link statically with Codejock so that the DLL is not required.

Product: Xtreme Toolkit Pro version 13.2 (Unicode, static build)

Platform: Windows 200x/XP/Vista/Win7 (32/64 bit)

Language: Visual C++ 9.0 (Studio 2008)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic