Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Syntax Edit
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Multiple Code Types

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryanu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Multiple Code Types
    Posted: 29 October 2009 at 11:47am
I am using SyntaxEditor ver 13.0.0.

How do I change the Syntax colorization when a user loads a file. 

For example, if I want to allow the user to load HTML, VB, C++, PHP and so on, but change the colorization schema based off the file type loaded.

Do I need to create a new .INI file for each type and reload that file for each file type?  Or, is there an easier way to do so with the default .INI file with all the schema's listed?

Thanks for you help...
ijwelch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ijwelch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2009 at 7:50pm
I think it's the FileExt property that tells the control what schema to use.
ExtremeSuitePro 12.1.1
WinXP SP3
bryanu View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryanu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2009 at 2:17pm
BUMP!

I found that when I have multiple windows on in an MDI interface and I change the INI file for the control, all instances of the control change to that syntax type.

What I want to be able to do is offer the customer the ability to open multiple windows (MDI style) and have each window with SyntaxEditor show colorization for correct file type (BAS, HTML, C++) etc....

Regards,

mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2009 at 5:30pm
You need to use each SyntaxEdit settings - e.g. SyntaxEdit1.DataManager.FileExt = ".vbs" instead of using INI-file
ijwelch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ijwelch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2009 at 7:54pm
ExtremeSuitePro 12.1.1
WinXP SP3
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic