Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Focus control in Pane

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gibra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Focus control in Pane
    Posted: 23 October 2009 at 2:29pm
Hi,
the problem is: how to auto-hide a Pane after I have clicked a control contained in Pane?

Reproduce the problem is simple:
- open the VB6 project "MDISample" (shipped with CJ in DockingPane folder)
- run the VB6 project (a Document 1 child window is open and a lot of Panes is created.)
- move mouse over Pane 9, to open it
- click on TextBox control (contained into the Pane 9)
- now, from Pane 9 , move out the mouse

The Pane 9 still open, instead of perform auto-hide effect.

To close the Pane 9 you must click to another control, i.e. click the TextBox into frmChild.
But if you don't have a frmChild opened, you can click anywhere whitout success:
The Pane 9 still open.

If you DON'T click in TextBox, Pane 9 perform auto-hide.

I want that the Pane 9 perform auto-hide when move out the mouse, ALSO if I has clicked into the TextBox.

How can solve this problem?

Thank

gibra
CJ SuiteControl v: 13.x to 19.x
Windows 10 64bit
VS2019 - VB6.0 SP6
<a href="http://nuke.vbcorner.net/Home/tabid/36/language/en-US/Default.aspx" rel="nofollow">VS/VB 6.0 Installer v6.8
chrisABC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisABC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 12:28pm
I have an application that does similar to what you require.

In the main MDI Form,  add the following lines:
   Private Sub MDIForm_MouseMove(etc...)
       DockingPaneMain.HidePane m_MyPane
   End Sub

And you need to set up m_MyPane:
In the Declarations section of the main MDI Form:
      Private m_MyPane as XtremeDoxkingPane.Pane

And when you create the particular Pane you are talking about, set the m_MyPane to it.

Now when you move the mouse off your pane onto the MainMDI form, the pane hides -- even if you have clicked in the textbox.
You may need to expand on the above, eg if you want the pane to hide if you move the mouse over other controls.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In my app I put all the code for creating and hiding panes into a separate module, and pass a reference to the DockingPaneMain control to it. This allows any of my MDI child forms to create or hide their own different Panes on the Main Form. I think it works very well.

Chris (Manchester, UK) -- www.abc6.co.uk ---- Using CodeJock ActiveX Suite 13.1.0 with Windows8, VB6 SP6
Oleg View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oleg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2009 at 12:42pm

Hi,

Its special feature.  your users will be very annoyed if Pane will start autohide while they focus edit and start type something.

Oleg, Support Team
CODEJOCK SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS
gibra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gibra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2009 at 9:05pm
Thank chrisABC for reply.

Your suggestion is good, while I found MouseDown event a better way for me.
The user decide it self if to close, or not, the Pane.

Private Sub MDIForm_MouseDown(Button As Integer, Shift As Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
    DockingPaneManager.HidePane m_MyPane
End Sub

Thank!
gibra
CJ SuiteControl v: 13.x to 19.x
Windows 10 64bit
VS2019 - VB6.0 SP6
<a href="http://nuke.vbcorner.net/Home/tabid/36/language/en-US/Default.aspx" rel="nofollow">VS/VB 6.0 Installer v6.8
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic