Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Override ReportControl copy/paste functions?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unknow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Override ReportControl copy/paste functions?
    Posted: 04 October 2009 at 1:45pm
Hi. I am using a CXTPReportView which has a built-in CXTPReportControl.

The application I generated is automatically handling the cut/copy/paste functions and it cause me trouble.

For example, I would like to manage my own copy/cut text data format and use XML, which means I need to intercept the cut/copy/paste messages.

I would prefer to handle these message from the CXTPReportView rather and derivate the ReportControl class.

Any hint ?

Thanks!!
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2009 at 3:15pm

ReportPaneViewView.h

class CReportPaneViewView : public CXTPReportView

protected:

afx_msg void OnEditCut();

afx_msg void OnEditCopy();

afx_msg void OnEditPaste();

afx_msg void OnUpdateEditPaste(CCmdUI* pCmdUI);

afx_msg void OnUpdateEditCopy(CCmdUI* pCmdUI);

afx_msg void OnUpdateEditCut(CCmdUI* pCmdUI);

ReportPaneViewView.cpp

BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(CReportPaneViewView, CXTPReportView)

//{{AFX_MSG_MAP(CReportPaneViewView)

ON_COMMAND(ID_EDIT_CUT, OnEditCut)

ON_COMMAND(ID_EDIT_COPY, OnEditCopy)

ON_COMMAND(ID_EDIT_PASTE, OnEditPaste)

//}}AFX_MSG_MAP

END_MESSAGE_MAP()

void CReportPaneViewView::OnEditCut() { AfxMessageBox(_T("OnEditCut")); } .......

unknow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unknow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2009 at 5:50pm
Thankx! It was the easiest way to do it  I didn't tried it as I thought the ReportControl would prevent from the CView messages;

On the same way, I would also need to intercept items dragged into the ReportControl in order to change some data on the fly;

Which message handled / function should I add and how to get the handles of dropped Report items ?

Thankx!
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2009 at 9:04am
You can use your own class derived from CXTPReportControl and overwrite functions

virtual void OnBeginDrag(CPoint point);
virtual DROPEFFECT OnDragOver(COleDataObject* pDataObject, DWORD dwKeyState, CPoint point, int nState);
virtual BOOL OnDrop(COleDataObject* pDataObject, DROPEFFECT dropEffect, CPoint point);

you can also try the previous post way...
unknow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unknow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2009 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by mdoubson mdoubson wrote:

you can also try the previous post way...
You mean by handling messages from the control (like NM_BEGINDRAG) from the ReportView ?
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2009 at 12:36pm
If you wish
unknow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unknow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2009 at 12:50pm
ok, I forgot to ask: how to retrieve pointer to the dropped items from the handle message ?
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2009 at 12:09pm
I am sure you can do this research yourself
unknow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unknow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2009 at 12:38pm
Yep, sorry, that was an easy one, here's the answer for those who would be interested:

Add this handle in the ReportView (dont' forget include file declaration):
 ON_NOTIFY(XTP_NM_REPORT_DROP, XTP_ID_REPORT_CONTROL, OnReportDrop)

Then this code:
void CReportSampleView::OnReportDrop(NMHDR * pNotifyStruct, LRESULT * /*result*/)
{
      XTP_NM_REPORTDRAGDROP* pItemNotify = (XTP_NM_REPORTDRAGDROP*)pNotifyStruct;
      ASSERT(pItemNotify->pRecords);

// in this example, we access to a derivated CXTPReportRecord class with a GetTitle function 
      CString strTitle;

// handle each dropped record one after another
       for (int i=0; i<pItemNotify->pRecords->GetCount(); i++)
       {
            CMyDerivatedRecord* pRecord = ((CMyDerivatedRecord*)pItemNotify->pRecords->GetAt(i));

strTitle = (pRecord->GetAt(i))->GetTitle();

// do something, like for example change Title to avoid duplicates ;-)
            ChangeTitleFunction(strTitle);

((CXTPReportRecordItemText*)pRecord->GetItem(IDX_TITLE))->SetValue(strTitle);
       }
}
This example should work for any other DragnDrop notification messages;
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2009 at 12:47pm
Good
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2009 at 6:57pm

BOOL CXTPReportPaintManager::m_bForceShowDropMarker; // TRUE if Force Show Drop Marker

//used to support external (OLE) drag & drop handler and take care of drop marker line drawing and auto-scrolling

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic