Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Docking Pane
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Events not reaching PowerBuilder DataWindow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asterix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Events not reaching PowerBuilder DataWindow
    Posted: 17 September 2009 at 7:34am
Hi,

I'm using the dockingpane activex (13.1.0) within my powerbuilder 11.5 application. This works quite well, but when I set a datawindow control to be the child, all messages that I should be able to react on by scripting one of the datawindow events aren't fired. When looking at the messages being sent to the datawindow with Spy++ I see these messages are being sent but for some reason they don't reach the datawindow. As far as I can see all messages that has a P(osted) in front of them within Spy++ don't reach the datawindow control, the others do (like wm_setcursor). Is this a bug with the dockingpane activex or do I have to set something (a property) to make it work?

Attached is a small PowerBuilder 11.5 sample. A window with a dockingpane activex and two controls that are added as panes to it. For the listbox everything is working, for the datawindow control it isn't (clicking a row for example should select it)

Looking forward for suggestions.

Kind regards,
Aart
Asterix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asterix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2009 at 2:48am
Of course it could be a powerbuilder problem (and not an activex bug as I said in my previous post). Any clue will be welcomed.
Asterix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Asterix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2009 at 6:53am
Another thought: when I click the datawindow a wm_lbuttondown and a wm_lbuttonup message is sent to the datawindow control. Codejock intercepts this message (I assume) and sent it through like it is, that is, a wm_lbuttondown message is sent to the datawindow control (when I add a custom event to the datawindow and map it to wm_lbuttondown it is indeed fired). In PowerBuilder (without placing it as a child in a codejock pane), when you click the datawindow, PowerBuilder itself intercepts the message and, depending on the place clicked, fires one of  a couple of events (clicked, doubleclicked, buttonclicked etc.). Is there any way to get around this?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic