Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Speaking of support.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgracie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Speaking of support.
    Posted: 14 August 2009 at 5:49pm
Is anyone else (Customers with active support plans) not getting responses to error tickets? 

I have a serious bug with the latest version, and am dead in the water until it's addressed..?

Robert
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2009 at 2:14am
How are you? I can't search your issue without some data like issue #
rgracie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgracie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2009 at 8:48am
Hello Mark,
 My issue number is 22558

Thanks

Robert
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2009 at 10:34am

Mike suppose to answer you about lic. I don't know about oxc-file management. May be you need to clean smth in cache or registry?

rgracie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgracie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2009 at 11:05am

The problem is no one is letting me know what is going on with the problem. Not even, "we are working on it"... Nothing....

It's a problem with the latest version of the ocx. Prev. versions do not exhibit the problem. It's like the control is not looking at the lic. string entered in code, it's only looking for it in the lic. file...

Robert

mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2009 at 2:52pm
I passed this Issue to Mike because this is his profile:

Embedding License Information in Your Application

There are some situations that you may need to include the content of the LIC file in your control using the License property. You DO NOT include the actual LIC file. For example, if you develop in C# you will need to include the license information, if you are developing an ActiveX control for Internet Explorer, you will need to include the license information, or if you are creating an ActiveX control that uses\included a Codejock component you will need to include the license information. There might be other situations where this is needed as well.

The License property is located in the GlobalSettings class for each control. The code below illustrates how to use the License property for each control used.

You will need to provide the correct Product Id and Validate Code. This information can be found in the LIC file. The LIC file is located in the same location as the OCX file. By default, the location of the OCX and LIC file is the "..\Program Files\Codejock Software\ActiveX\Xtreme SuitePro ActiveX 2006 Q2\bin" for the Xtreme Suite installation. This code should be included before any controls are creates, for example, in thee Form_Initialize event of the main form for Visual Basic 6.0. For simplicity, the code below demonstrates how to embed the license information for the CommandBars only, you will need to do this for each control you use.

< ="" method=post>< id=fp1 =":toggleCode('vb6','csharp','vbnet')" = value=V1 name=R1> < id=fp2 =":toggleCode('csharp','vb6','vbnet')" = value=V1 name=R1> < id=fp3 =":toggleCode('vbnet','vb6','csharp')" = value=V1 name=R1>

Private Sub Form_Initialize()

CommandBarsGlobalSettings.License = "CommandBars Control Copyright (c) " & _

"2003-2006 Codejock Software" & vbCrLf & "PRODUCT-ID: " & _

"Codejock.CommandBars.ActiveX.v10.20" & vbCrLf & _

"VALIDATE-CODE: XXX-XXX-XXX-XXX"

End Sub

rgracie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgracie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2009 at 3:10pm
Mark,
  I know you are only trying to help, and I really appreciate that, but as I stated in the trouble ticket, I know how to apply the Lic. information via code, have been doing it since like version 7. No matter where I put the string, the control doesn't seem like it is reading it.  If I copy the Lic. file with the .ocx the control initializes just fine.

Robert

mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2009 at 3:19pm
Are you sure that ocx filename you registrate it match to your license descriptor?
E.g. I am giving fresh upgrade
You need to rename it to match proper license string

>>If I copy the Lic. file with the .ocx the control initializes just fine
- this is looks like confirmation that I can be right (ocx was registrated sometime, app asked registry to find it by GUID - registry point to proper folder and filename - filename not matched to descriptor but ocx has proper lic file in same folder - so it passed identification ?) .

What is strange in situation - you are not the only one who use 13.1 (and 13.1 upgrade) calendar ocx inside MS Access system (like sample I send you and you confirmed it works [if lic file located in same folder]) - but nobody esle report about license trouble (at least I don't know about such complains)
rgracie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgracie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2009 at 4:00pm

Ok, The problem persists..

Here is the the lic. string that I'm using:

calLic = "Calendar Control Copyright (c) " & _
             "2003-2009 Codejock Software" & vbCrLf & "PRODUCT-ID: " & _
             "Codejock.Calendar.ActiveX.v13.1" & vbCrLf & _
             "VALIDATE-CODE: XXX-XXX-XXX-XXX"

This is what is in my lic. file (They Match 100%)

Calendar Control Copyright (c) 2003-2009 Codejock Software
PRODUCT-ID: Codejock.Calendar.ActiveX.v13.1
VALIDATE-CODE: XXX-XXX-XXX-XXX

I apply the lic. like this in the "OnOpen" event of the form. I've also tried to apply it when I first open the app.

CalendarGlobalSettings.License = calLic

I have also tried this:

Set m_objGS = New CalendarGlobalSettings
m_objGS.License = calLic

Keep in mind all of these have worked fine in the past, until this latest version 13.1

So what am I now doing wrong?? Keep In mind I'm using this control in MS Access 2007 in a .mdb

Robert

mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2009 at 4:13pm
I don't know but in my working environment I had ReportControl.lic and produced ReportControl.ocx, Calendar.lic and produced Calendar.ocx - so names matched - why you use calLic as lic name?
rgracie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgracie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2009 at 4:31pm
calLic is a module level variable to hold the lic. string.

Try this in Access 2007. set the lic. string in code, Close the db.  then remove the actual lic. file (renaming works). Then reopen database to see control produce the "There is no object in this control" error.

I have tried this on 3 different machines, the result is exactly the same. It's almost like it's not reading the lic. string when applied in code.

Robert

mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2009 at 2:36pm
Mike words: "Problem is that Access 2007 doesn't include license automatically to database - so you need set license manually in code before you show form with Calendar. - attached sample 'Access_Db25' shows it."

rgracie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgracie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2009 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by mdoubson mdoubson wrote:

uploads/20090817_143649_Access_Db25.zip

Mike words: "Problem is that Access 2007 doesn't include license automatically to database - so you need set license manually in code before you show form with Calendar. - attached sample 'Access_Db25' shows it."

Ok so putting you code on the opening of the programs splash screen worked.

So why does:
Dim Settings As New XtremeCalendarControl.CalendarGlobalSettings

work and this doesn't ?

CalendarGlobalSettings.License = the lic string...

My only concern is this....  I have to set this using my programs splash screen, as I call in many places to different forms with your control (that is wrapped with several of my classes) on it, so it would be very difficult to even call a procedure to set the lic on every call...

My concern is that the variable will go out of scope or get destroy due to an unhanded error, and render the control defective.

Thanks

Robert

Robert
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic