Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > ActiveX COM > Skin Framework
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - SkinFramework.ExcludeModule Known Bad Modules List
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SkinFramework.ExcludeModule Known Bad Modules List

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DTeCH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SkinFramework.ExcludeModule Known Bad Modules List
    Posted: 13 August 2009 at 1:06pm
It would be very helpful if someone could post a known bad module list.

I found out that ole32.dll can interfere with skinning in some cases, also the winsock control can cause the SkinFramework to not register properly because it is an ancient 16 bit control that doesn't register in the project the modern way, & needs to be wrapped to be called via reference for multiple instances, otherwise it MUST be placed on the form.

Anyway... I would like for admin to post a little list of known bad dlls that we can try out first before we go trying to exclude 100s of them, & get frustrated.

My little short list

ole32.dll <---- I know about this one

(Got these from an older admin fix reply)
wininet.dll
msado15.dll
oledb32.dll
msadce.dll
msadcer.dll
ws2_32.dll
ws2help.dll
netapi32.dll

Now for the real list

Thanx in advance.
ou81aswell View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ou81aswell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2009 at 12:12pm
+1.
DTeCH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DTeCH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2009 at 1:16pm
Also... what files are REQUIRED to be on the customer's PC in order for the SkinFramework to function?

Some folks disable features on their PCs to enhance their system's performance.

If that's not a clear enough question...

What files must be on a computer that the SkinFramework depends on, & are not part of a
Codejock software distribution?

Like Microsoft's core dlls.
SuperMario View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2009 at 8:38am
Did you create a support ticket in issuetrack?  I'll refer you to this post:

http://forum.codejock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=14125&FID=103&PR=3

I searched the past 15 days of issues and didn't see anything that looked similar to this issue.  If you do have an issue #, please let me know and I'll be sure it gets taken care of.

Also "new" forum members always have their posts hidden to cut down on spam.  So your thread is not singled out.
DTeCH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DTeCH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2009 at 8:45am
Thank You SuperMario.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2009 at 9:26am
I went through our issue track system with a search of "ExcludeModule" and these are the only "known" modules that customers have found to cause problems with skinframework.  (I did not search the forums for know reported cases) Obviously there might be more, but excluding these modules did resolve the customers problem.  Keep in mind most of these have a very specific use like using Flash, FTP connections, etc in your app so they are likely not to be used by the majority of users.

skinFramework.ExcludeModule ("FIDbg10.ocx");
skinFramework.ExcludeModule ("NPSWF32.dll");

SkinFramework1.ExcludeModule "msado15.dll"
  SkinFramework1.ExcludeModule "msdard.dll"
  SkinFramework1.ExcludeModule "msjet40.dll"
  SkinFramework1.ExcludeModule "msjetoledb40.dll"
  SkinFramework1.ExcludeModule "msjiter40.dll"
  SkinFramework1.ExcludeModule "msjint40.dll"

Send ComExcludeModule "RMPHTML.OCX"
   Send ComExcludeModule "MSVBVM60.DLL"

SkinFramework.ExcludeModule "secur32.dll"
  SkinFramework.ExcludeModule "userenv.dll"
  SkinFramework.ExcludeModule "netapi32.dll"

SkinFramework1.ExcludeModule ("CRDB_ADOPLUS.DLL")
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2009 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by DTeCH DTeCH wrote:

Also... what files are REQUIRED to be on the customer's PC in order for the SkinFramework to function?

Some folks disable features on their PCs to enhance their system's performance.

If that's not a clear enough question...

What files must be on a computer that the SkinFramework depends on, & are not part of a
Codejock software distribution?

Like Microsoft's core dlls.

There is not any dll required except mfc40.dll but its part of even Windows98.  I can't see why someone would remove this file.
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperMario Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2009 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by DTeCH DTeCH wrote:

Please read, & Respond.

ps: I'm not getting any help from Codejock, & the SkinFramework is the only bug causing component in our software.
The product works on many systems, even Vista, but for some reason, it (SkinFramework) doesn't function properly
for all users.

"doesn't function properly" can mean a lot. maybe these users run in 256 colors. Skinframework will be disabled then.  I think we need more information to diagnose the problem.
DTeCH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DTeCH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2009 at 5:29pm
Microsoft has issued at least 4 versions of comctl32.ocx, and 2 of comdlg32.ocx, comct232.ocx, and comct332.ocx.

All versions of each component have the same GUID but they are not compatible.

This breaks the rules of COM... causing registry havoc.

Might be a contributing cause to the errors encountered by SkinFramework.
tphank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tphank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2009 at 3:29am
Originally posted by SuperMario SuperMario wrote:

I went through our issue track system with a search of "ExcludeModule" and these are the only "known" modules that customers have found to cause problems with skinframework. ...

THANK YOU!!!!  I had suspected that some DLL's were causing problems, but felt that I was on a wild goose chase.  The exclusion of the MSJet DLL's has made a world of a difference during development!!  Previously, VB6 would crash consistently after running our program with the Skins, now I can work in peace, not worrying about constant crashes!!!!  These definitely belong in some FAQ!!!

Unfortunately the CodeJock IssueTrack/Customer Support Area, only allows one to search their own issues.  I always try to  read the forums to see if other users have experienced similar problems before contacting support.
     Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 13.1.0
     Platform: Windows XP (32bit) - SP 3
     Language: Visual Basic 6.0
redserpent7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redserpent7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2012 at 3:01am
I know this thread is old, but I have just faced some issues with these DLLs

WRusr.dll  <--- WebRoot AV main DLL
WRVSTR.dll

Hope they can prove useful.
Product: Xtreme Skin Framework 2011 (15.2.1)
Platform: Windows 7 (64bit)
Language: VC++ (Visual Studio 2010 SP1)
agontarenko View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agontarenko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2016 at 5:49am
Hello,

When you run samples in Windows 10 with compatibility mode Windows Vista and lower, you should add too excluded modes AcLayers.dll

Regards,
Artem Gontarenko
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic