Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

using reportcontrol to store document data?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unknow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: using reportcontrol to store document data?
    Posted: 29 July 2009 at 5:00pm

Me again, this time with a general question using reportcontrol.

The software I am developping has a report control view;
the report control provide a list of all the data from the document, each entry being composed of several fields, displayed in the reportcontrol.

In the previous version of my software, I was using a class to handle all entries & data, which were then displayed in a listview.

Question is:

shoud I still do the same, that is use a CArray of items to store my data, and add them to the reportcontrol for displaying only;
OR
directly add data to the reportcontrol (using the same method as the "Report Sample") and do not manage any class/items outside

Any advice ?? That will really drive the internal structure of my software and the answer is crucial ;)

mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2009 at 11:40am
I think that better to use your own data model and bind report control to it or use virtual mode and supply needed pieces of data from your model on demand
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic