Codejock Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Codejock Products > Visual C++ MFC > Report Control
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

column resize bug in ReportControl

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xafier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: column resize bug in ReportControl
    Posted: 29 June 2009 at 5:15am
With version 13.1.0 there seems to be a bug when adding more columns than can fit on the screen.

After a bit of debugging it appears the bug is to do with changes in CXTPReportHeader::AdjustColumnsWidth() and CXTPReportControl::OnSize().

If you add enough columns so the width of them is greater than the screens horizontal resolution and then you resize your application then the columns will all auto-size to a really small size.

This is really irritating, not sure if this is a bug or intentional but its certainly not desired by us.
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2009 at 7:09am
Ah, now I understand why I got this weird behavior. Very frustrating, indeed.
PokerMemento - http://www.pokermemento.com/
Fabian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fabian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 1:48am
Do you use .BestFit? I checked an early beta of 13.1.0 (ActiveX) where .BestFit results in small (5mm) columns (V13.0 works as expected)?

Still using 13.0.0, VB6
Product: Xtreme SuitePro (ActiveX) version 16.2.3

Platform: Windows 7 (32bit)

Language: Visual Basic 6.0 / SP6
xafier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xafier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 4:36am
We use BestFit when a column is set back to visible but we do not periodically use BestFit on all columns or anything like that.

With the help of codejock support I've managed to fix the problem although need to test more to see what side affects the changes have.  The fix was to set bAutoSize to FALSE in the constructor of creating each column and then called EnableResize() on each column with TRUE so that they can still be resized manually.

I also requested that they add a Setter function so you can set m_bAutoSize manually, as currently you can only do it via the constructor which also uses the same parameter to set whether they can be sized or not.
znakeeye View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote znakeeye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 6:44am
Not that I remember...
PokerMemento - http://www.pokermemento.com/
mdoubson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdoubson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2009 at 7:36pm
Most recent Report control source updates -
Comment for xafier - before making some "request" make sense to be familiar with already existed code - e.g. there is a function

void CXTPReportColumn::SetAutoSize(BOOL bSet)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic